Monday, May 19, 2014

My Very Own RAW WEEK!

I mentioned in a post earlier today that I declared this week RAW WEEK for myself. 

I'm going to try my darnest to do all RAW all WEEK this week! 

Since I woke up between 4 and 4:30am - and woke up pretty well - at that - I decided to start using a new shampoo/conditioner combo - one of the few things I actually add to my body.  (I don't wear make up or much else for that matter - but I do put Shampoo - usually every other day - and conditioner maybe once a week). 

Naturally Speaking...Tomorrow I will start Oil Pulling again.  I use either Coconut Oil OR Grapeseed Oil.  About once a month - if I remember - I will use a 'scrub' that was made by a friend of me - locally - that contains - Coffee, Olive Oil, and Sugar.

As far as food intake is concerned here is what today looks like for me...day 1 of all raw...

2 Large Glasses of Water
1 Large Mason Jar of Green Smoothie (2 C Mango, 1/2 C Papaya, 2 Large Handfuls of Spinach, Water)
2 Apples
2 Mandarins
1 Grapefruit
1 Peach
1/4 of a Large Watermelon
Various teas and herbal tonics
1 Super LARGE Salad - yet to be determined - with homemade Raw Dressing.

All of the fruits you see listed above were eaten individually throughout the day.
I will try and log more attempts at what kind of activities I will be doing, too. 

At least 5 times a week I walk for about 30 to 40 minutes each day!  I hope to increase this most days.  My plan is to walk from home to work and back 5 times a week in addition to 15 to 20 minutes each day.  By walking from home it's a mile one way...so I will probably walk at the very minimum 2 miles, 5 times a week.  I hope to do a minimum of 15 to 20 mins of yoga 5 times a week up to an hour a day at the most.  In addition - I hope to do Step Aerobics at least once a week.

I'm not really doing this to lose weight - but if it happens, it happens.  I'm doing this more for well-being, mostly.

I do better when I am accountable so my points here at my blog will certainly help with the accountability part.  More on this - throughout the week!

12 comments:

  1. You can do it Jennifer, I'm virtually cheering for you with your Raw for a Week goals. I'll make an effort to post something raw daily also. These days that's mainly what I'm eating. That's how it normally goes during the warmer months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Opal! I LOVE encouragement :) Makes everything much easy when you have a buddy :)

      Delete
  2. By the way, that's a lovely picture of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I posted a similar one on Instagram this morning and asked how old people thought I was...so far...I've seen...24...24 or 25...definitely in your 20s, etc...and this was an early morning photo! YAY!

      Delete
  3. Very cool idea, I'd like to try an all raw month again soon and will be looking forward to your updates. And great picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll probably troll your blog for past dressings, too! LOL

      Delete
  4. Wow, good luck! I would love to try this but I love food, lol. I recently started drinking green smoothies (unsweetened almond milk, banana, baby spinach & ice) & it's so good! I usually make one if it's late and I want to eat something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if I can get thru the week! LOL

      Delete
  5. Sounds rawsome!!! I bet you'll enjoy the walking - it's so healthy & fun =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really haven't started the additional walking because we've had so much rain and flooding lately. Hopefully soon, tho :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Jennifer,
    I love eating raw and actually do so most of the time. In fact my daily intake looks a lot like your Raw Week list. I feel so happy, healthy and light! And I too, love to make a large SUPER salad each day. I have been inspired by some of your dressings to get a little fancier than my usual apple cider vinegar and coconut or olive oil so thank you so much for sharing your Raw Week with us at the Happy, Healthy, Green and Natural Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried a little Grapeseed Oil instead of Olive? LOVE it! It's lighter and less greasy than Olive. Thanks so much - I hope to post more soon, too!

      Delete