Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Aaloo Bhaji Fried Potatoes, Dressings, Soups, Handshake From A Friend

 I was going to post this tomorrow but I really couldn't wait!  Here is my first attempt at a Pakistani Dish!  Special thanks to Lindsay for this week's World Foods Suggestion of Pakistan!

Since I was making a smaller batch - for just myself - I got two nice servings out of this!

* 2 C Potatoes - cooked
* Small Handful of Wildtree Onion & Chive Blend (or you could use 2 small onions
* 1 t Black Mustard Seeds
* 1 t Red Chili Powder (and/or Cayenne)
* 1 T Earth Balance (I also used a splash of Garlic Grapeseed Oil)
* 1 t (or less) of Turmeric
All on the stovetop until desired texture and darkness is reached.  I will say this had a bit more kick to it than I expected but still enjoyed it!

Yesterday I told you about a Salad Dressing I was going to make.  Well, I changed it up a bit.  This is what I did instead...

2 Avocadoes
1 1/2 C Diced Tomatoes (or stewed)
1/2 C Water
2 T Wildtree Taco Seasoning
1/2 C Lemon Juice

This turned out AMAZING!  I might split the batch...add a little more water...for a more 'drippy' salad dressing.  BUT...the way it is right now...creamy yet thicker...I just might try a little bit warmed as a soup tonight!  It was SO good!
Every morning before I leave the house I take a 'head count' of all the 'kids'.  Usually I will find the 2 cats upstairs either in the bathroom area where they have their food on one side and 'bathroom' on the other side of the room OR I will find Gabby in the hallway and Charlie either with her or on his chair in my craft room.  As for the dogs - Suzie and Riley are either on the sofa, loveseat, or recliner - either together or at least NEAR each other.

I also say goodbye to each one while doing the 'head count' and try and sneak a kiss from the pups.  The last two mornings Suzie, here, didn't give me a kiss, which was STRANGE...but she did reach out to shake my hand.  Perhaps she wasn't awake yet.

Just thought I would share.  Let me know if you posted today!

4 comments:

  1. The food is making me hungry, and isn't your dog precious. My maltese Lalita would 'shake hands' with me too. I'd taught her a few tricks also, but she taught me more since she had me wrapped around her furry little paws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! LOL :) I believe they do teach us more than we teach them!

      Delete
  2. Hi I'm John from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
    from 1 to 10.

    There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your recipes ordered. Each recipe has a link to the blog that belongs recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog

    It's easy, fast and fun. The best Photo recipes will be stay here

    I invite you to enter add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo.

    We would love that you participate with some recipe like this. Look amazing!

    Regards

    http://www.Fooduel.com

    ReplyDelete