Thursday, November 23, 2017

My Vegan Thanksgiving Plate 2017


Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate and for those who don't I hope you are having a nice Thursday!

As I have done in previous years I am sharing my Thanksgiving plate with you.  Mine being vegan, of course!

Starting with the Mashed Potatoes and moving clockwise to the Green Bean Casserole, then Carrots, then Yams, and finally Vegan Stuffing!  Everything was YUMMY!


Here's another look at the plate!  DH and I went over to my parents for dinner.  I helped my mother with some things.  I have to say I'm pretty proud of the vegan options I made this year.  This year my sister, her husband, and Trinity (my niece) didn't spend Thanksgiving with us.  But they stopped in the evening when we were getting ready to leave.  At least I got to see my niece for about a half hour.  Then again I took one of my remaining vacation days yesterday and spent a good portion of the day with her.  


Vegan Green Bean Casserole Ingredients:

Green Beans (of course)


1/2 C Cashews
2 T Vegan Margarine
1 Small Onion
10 Ounces Mushrooms
2 t Thyme
1/2 C Dry White Wine
1 1/2 T Nutritional Yeast
2 C Almond Milk
2 t Lemon Juice


1 t Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1/4 C Flour
Nutmeg, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Old Bay Seasoning all to taste

I put everything (except green beans and flour) into a high speed blender until smooth.  I heated the mixture on stove top and whisked in flour.  Just for good measure I did throw it back into the blender one last time. I then coated the cooked green beans with the mixture and baked for about 15 minutes at 350.  I also topped with store bought fried onions that just so happened to be vegan!

This was VERY rich!  I didn't use all of the mushroom cream but I have a plan for the leftovers already!


Vegan Stuffing Ingredients:

2 C Bread, chopped
2 T Grapeseed Oil (I used Garlic flavored Grapeseed Oil)
1/2 t each of Dried Minced Garlic, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Old Bay Seasoning

I took these ingredients and worked them together and put the seasoned bread on to a baking sheet at 350 for 10 minutes until slightly crispy.

I then took 2 chopped celery stalks, 2 chopped carrots, 1 small onion and cooked them down on the stove top.  I then add it to 1 C Vegetable Broth, 1 T Vegan Margarine for another 5 minutes on stove top.  I then combined everything and mixed well.  I put in the oven for another 20 minutes at 350.

This may have been my favorite stuffing EVER if I do say so myself.


It was not too moist but not dry either.  Plus there were a few little crispy ones on the top!  YUM!  So YUM I thought I would do a close up!

With the carrots we just added some Earth Balance (Vegan Margarine) and BAM there's a side!  For the Yams we added a little Earth Balance and a handful of brown sugar.  For the mashed potatoes I used - you guessed it - Earth Balance, Almond Milk, and a few tablespoons of Vegan Sour Cream!

If you blogged about Vegan Thanksgiving dishes and recipes feel free to slap the direct URL in comments!!!  CHEERS!


36 comments:

  1. That looks lovely very! There's nothing like sharing great vegan food with lv d ones 💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good! We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, just Christmas. That will be next month, coming up real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! We had ours in October (I'm in Canada). We had a lot of roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes and I made a tofu loaf stuffed with stuffing. It was all finished off with pumpkin pie. My husband was born in the US so I'll do something special for him this weekend - he worked late last night so all he got for dinner yesterday was leftover soup! Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to try to make another tofu loaf. The last one I made over 10 years ago was awful LOL. Totally on me, tho, that is for sure!

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksliving! Looks like a wonderful meal! Did your family enjoy some vegan sides as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom, dad, and DH did try the dishes I made and said they liked them. My Dad said the stuffing had too much garlic in it, tho! LOL - the older he gets the more he doesn't like garlic. Perfect for me, tho, I LOVE it! More leftovers for me! hahahaha

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! It looks like a delicious spread to be very thankful for, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed spending time with my mom making dishes this year!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner!

      Delete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! That's quite a plateful, everything looks so good! It's always great to spend time with family, especially if you don't see them all that often like with my nieces and nephew too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are already trying to figure out Christmas timing...eeeek

      Delete
  8. Looks like a wholesome vegan meal. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks pretty good. Just like our mixed rice dishes but way better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thanks! I will have some more rice dishes, soon, hopefully!

      Delete
  10. Happy thanksgiving! Your plate looks delicious and thanks for sharing the recipes too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was pretty pleased with my attempts since I'm not known as a cook lol

      Delete
  12. this is mouth watering vegan recipe.
    would love to try this one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Thanksgiving plate looks delish! I didn't grow up with green bean casserole as no one in my extended family ever made it. I've never had a traditional green bean casserole, and haven't made a vegan one. Some day I should try it to see what I've been missing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do try and make one! I love seeing everyone's take on it!

      Delete
  14. Somehow I expect more green in a vegan platter hehe. Oh well what do I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you point that out - it was sort of a vegan carb-fest! LOL I better 'eat my greens' and soon! hahahaha

      Delete
  15. Looks great and a lot like my plate. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quickly took a look at your plate/blog the other night on my phone/browser but still have to comment, officially, I will soon!!! It looked great!

      Delete
  16. Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Your plate looks delicious! I definitely need to try a vegan green been casserole, that sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - to you as well!!! I hope to be back to blog visits, soon!!!!

      Delete
  17. Yum, your Thanksgiving dinner looks like it was super delicious! I'll have to give your green bean casserole recipe a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know if you do try it! And how it turned out for ya!

      Delete