Saturday, November 18, 2017

Flashback Spicy Peanut Sauce, Sweet Potato Mash with Vegan Cashew Cream Sauce, and Chia Chai Latte



Someone recently mentioned to me that they were looking for more peanut sauces to try so I went back thru my photos and recipes and came across this one.  It's a Spicy Peanut Sauce that just so happens to be vegan.

1/2 C Peanut Butter 
1/4 C Coconut Aminos
3 Cloves Garlic
1 T Sesame Oil
Juice of 2 Lemons 
1 T Sriracha (or other hot sauce)
1/2 t Cayenne

If needed: Water to thin & Sprinkle of Coconut Sugar to sweeten


This might look like a colorful slop but it was actually quite good. I need to make it again soon! It's a Sweet Potato and Spinach Mash with Vegan Cashew Cream Sauce.

(For The Mash)
About 1 Pound of Cubed Sweet Potato
About 4 C Spinach

(For The Sauce)
1 C Cashews
Up to 1 C Water
1 Clove Garlic
1 T Grapeseed Oil
Nutmeg & Black Himalayan Sea Salt To Taste

Directions:
Cook Sweet Potatoes until soft.
Add Spinach and stir or gently mash leaving lumps.
Set Aside.
For the sauce add all those ingredients into a high speed blender until smooth.
Drizzle sauce over the Sweet Potato and Spinach Mash.
Serve warm.


It's been too long since I have attempted a Chia Pudding but the last time I did enjoy one I was pretty hot on a Chia Chai Latte for a while.

Ingredients:
3 T Chia Seeds, dry
1 C Almond Milk
2 T Agave Nectar
Pinch Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla Extract

Directions:
Soak Chia Seeds in Nut Milk, stir often.
Add spices, stir often.

Over the next few days I hope to share with you more Vegan Finds but also some things I will be attempting for Thanksgiving!  What will you be up to?

12 comments:

  1. Both sauces sound great! I love spicy peanut sauce! I might attempt a gluten free stuffing for the big day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your GF Stuffing! I have seen a lot of vegan and vegan GF ones leading up to Thanksgiving this year and want to try them all! LOL

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm a HUGE fan of Chai! And every other kind of tea, too!

      Delete
  3. I have to confess, I've never tried a Chia pidding before - and yet I know so many people bsolutely love them. I definitely need to give them a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I have a problem with the texture of them when they are gelled up so I usually blend them into things instead of doing the puddings like this.

      Delete
  4. Oh YUM! It all looks so delicious. Must try the chia Chai latte. Your sauce looks great. Today I tried out cubes of orange sweet potato in a smoked paprika flavoured cashew cream and that was pretty awesome. Your post kinda reminded me of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Can't wait to hear more about your sweet potato and smoked paprika and cashew cream~

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! If you haven't seen my new vegan mac & cheese sauce I think you will like that, too! Let me know if you try any of them!

      Delete
  6. Great recipes, I'm such a fan of peanut sauces and it's been too long since we've had chia pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go in spurts with chia pudding it seems!

      Delete