Monday, November 20, 2017

3 Vegan Dipping Sauces & Other Tidbits!

I finally bought some potatoes last week.  I know that doesn't sound extremely exciting or out of the ordinary but it's been a while since I last purchased fresh, whole potatoes.  The ones I bought were VERY juicy, too!  Next comes a confession.  Since then...I have made oven fries and wedges 3 days in a row!  What made these special are the vegan dipping sauces I paired with them!  This first one is a Vegan Garlic Tahini Aioli...

1 C Vegan Mayo
2 T Tahini
3 t Garlic, Minced
4 Drops (or more) Orangic Liquid Smoke
1 T (or more) Lemon Juice
Sea Salt (to taste)


Next up is Spicy Paprika Dip...

1 C Cashews
1/2 C Almond Milk
3 T Lemon Juice
2 T Grapeseed Oil
1 T Dried Onion, Minced
1 T (or more) Smoked Paprika
1/2 t (or more) Sea Salt
1 Squirt Sriracha

I enjoyed BOTH of these quite a bit.  I did notice the first one with the Tahini in it was even better the 2nd day after being refrigerated for a while.




Creamy Avocado Dip is the final one of the trio!

2 Avocadoes
2 t Garlic Tahini (or 2 t Garlic, 2 t Tahini)
2 T Lemon Juice
Splash of Grapeseed Oil (optional)
Sea Salt (optional and to taste)
Parsely (optional and to taste)

This one was pretty YUMMY, too!  Of course, I have been craving Avocadoes more than usual lately and was FINALLY able to find a decent price for them.  They were $4.98 for 5 of them.  Not great but still lower than I have seen in MONTHS!


In other news...

A shout out to some of my newest visitors to My Blissful Journey in both Bangladesh and Latvia.  Last night I also had someone stop by from Greece!  I LOVE seeing all of these wonderful neighbors from other countries stopping by!  I will now be doing some research on more vegan recipes from those countries and hope to try more of those foods (and recipes) out soon!  If you have any suggestions I would love to hear about them in comments!

A few things I have been trying to catch up on lately are...

The Walking Dead and the current season.  I'm only into episode 4, I think, but I hope to get caught up this week.

I'm also in the process of thumbing thru the following eBooks...

Get Up and Green: Nourishing Recipes for Abundant Energy & Glowing Skin by Elisa Museles of Kale & Chocolate, Live Vegan Vibrantly presents A Delicious, Healthy, & Nutritious Holiday, Forks Over Knives "A Forks Thanksgiving, and The Everyday Guide to...Mindful Eating from Trish M. Ward.

 What have you been up to?

25 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with oven fries three days is a row! Mixing tahini with vegan mayo is something I've never thought of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would enjoy this post! You are the queen of oven fries/wedges for sure!!!!! I know what you mean about the Vegan Mayo and Tahini but after trying it I know I will be doing it more often in the near future! Especially with the Garlic Tahini I have on hand!

      Delete
  2. We always have potatoes in the house, use a lot of them in our cooking. My girl enjoys potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE them but it's much cheaper to buy a 5 or 10 pound bag than individually and it's hard to go thru all of them before they go bad, it seems!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of balancing out some potato crisps with some nice and creamy dipping sauces! That avo one is going on my must-try list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by my blog...

    I have not made sauce myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it - super easy with a blender and multi-purpose! Thanks for stopping by and for the feedback!

      Delete
  5. I feel like multiple days of potatoes = living your best life. ;) The sauces all sound really great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I've been addicting to smoked paprika for the last several months!

      Delete
  7. I wouldn't make these as the ingredients are slightly exotic, but they all look good and having all 3 dips together would be real fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ingredients do you have problems finding? I'm interested because there are ingredients that I have problems finding, too! I am intrigued by those we cannot find in specific regions. Thanks so much for stopping by and the feedback!

      Delete
    2. Tahini, liquid smoke, almond milk... although actually, it's not that these are difficult to find. More like they would be expensive and I probably wouldn't have any more use for them after.

      Delete
  8. Very healthy looking dish.. I love potatoes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a few left I need to hurry up and use! I'm sure I will find something to do with them soon!

      Delete
  9. Gosh, your dipping sauces look delish! I am very tempted to try them all. By the way, are the cashews raw or roasted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were raw but soaked for about an hour. I used both based on what I can locate and purchase. Thanks so much for the feedback!

      Delete
  10. These all sound great, especially the spicy paprika dip - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough Smoked Paprika these days!

      Delete
  11. I bet the liquid smoke gave it a nice lift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did! Pair that with the smoked paprika and it was great!

      Delete
  12. Your oven fries and dipping sauces all sound great; I especially like the idea of avocado in a dip!

    ReplyDelete