Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thrown Together Veggie Curry


Nothing overly exciting happening this week in the kitchen - sorry folks!  I've had a bunch of volunteer stuff going on and busy at work, too!  But one of the things I have been eating a lot of lately is home made veggie curry that is vegan and literally thrown together!  I can't even tell you what the ratios of ingredients were - again, sorry!

What I can tell you is what I threw in!  This veggie curry contains coconut milk, Earth Balance, Cashews, Spinach, Peas, Chickpeas, Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, various spices, etc.  This made a HUGE HUGE HUGE batch!  I ate leftovers for 3 meals AND froze a large container and just finished that up a few days ago.  It was tasty!

I have been doing a lot of loaded vegan nachos as a meal lately, too!  This time of year I tend to get bored with food whether it be because it's hard to find good quality fresh produce and/or because I suffer from Winter Blues...that is yet to be determined.  It's probably a little bit of both!

5 comments:

  1. That curry looks delicious, I never think to add cashews to my curries! I am so with you on the winter blues/bored with food thing. Bring on spring and summer produce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a last minute 'throw in' actually. It was a tasty last minute choice! LOL

      Delete
  2. The curry looks great, love the use of cashews. Just tried one with avocado too that worked well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OoooO! Avocado! I grab them when I can...they are REALLY expensive here and with the politics where they are going it will increase 20% more at least...sigh...

      If you want to ship me CA Avo's let me know LOL :)

      Delete