Monday, February 22, 2016

Buffalo Wings & Sloppy Joe's...VEGAN, of Course!

Happy Monday Folks!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Today I have just a quick post of 2 food items I did this past weekend.  It was my brother in law's birthday yesterday and they were having Sloppy Joe's so I did my own version of them which I will get to in a moment. 

First up are these Vegan Buffalo Wings - also known as - Buffalo Cauliflower Wings!  I did another version of these a while back and you can see that recipe HERE.  I can't believe it's been over 2 years since I made these wonderful munchies!  I do LOVE them but they do take a while to bake!  The recipe I used for this past weekend differs from the one I linked to and here's how...

2 not-so-large heads of Cauliflower
1 C Flour
1 C Water
1 t Wildtree Garlic Galore (or Garlic Powder)
1/2 t Smoked Paprika
1 C Frank's Hot Sauce
Sea Salt to taste

I also did a Vegan Onion Ranch Dip and that consisted of:

1 C Just Mayo (+ 2 T)
1/4 to 1/2 C Almond Milk
1 t Lemon Juice
1 t Apple Cider Vinegar
1 t Wildtree Garlic Galore (or Garlic Powder)
1 t Wildtree Dip Dip Blend (or dill)
1 T Wildtree Absolutely Onion (*see note)
1 t Coconut Aminos (or Bragg's)
Wildtree Lemon Pepper - to taste

* (make sure the Absolutely Onion has the Organic Label because it is now Vegan!!!  The non-Organic had dairy in it)


Now...as for the Sloppy Joe's - I have used TVP in the past but didn't have any on hand so I decided to try a version with Chickpeas and Lentils instead.  Here's that recipe...

1/2 Dry Split Red Lentils (then cooked)
1 Can of Organic Chickpeas
1 T Grapeseed Oil
1 T (or more) of Wildtree Garlic Galore (or 2 T Minced Garlic)
1 C Tomato Sauce
2 T Ketchup
2 T Maple Syrup
1 t Coconut Aminos (or Bragg's)
1 to 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 t Smoked Paprika
1 t Yellow Mustard
1 t Mexican Chili Powder
Wildtree Lemon Pepper - to taste

I very much enjoyed both dishes!  But the BEST part was EVERYONE enjoyed the Vegan Buffalo Wings!  My MIL is still talking about them today!  And my BIL actually used my Vegan Onion Ranch instead of regular ranch!

12 comments:

  1. Love buffalo cauliflower so much! That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to try different flavors at some point, too!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to make that ranch! Both dishes look AHMAHZING! I love when non vegans really get into vegan food. It opens minds and it's just a really great thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a few different Ranch Dips with Just Mayo as the base this one was a little heavier on the onion but still tasty!

      Delete
  3. The buffalo cauliflower looks great & the dip sounds quite delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I've made vegan sloppy joes using cauliflower. I also made a "cali scrmble" using cauliflower. My daughter loved both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those both sound awesome, too! Can't wait to read about them!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jennifer,
    These vegan Buffalo Wings look and sound amazing! I love spicy foods so I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can make them as spicy as you want :)

      Delete