Friday, October 16, 2015

What I Ate Today (Breakfast & Lunch), MidWeek Munchies on Friday, and Inspiring Woman of the Day


The 2nd post of the day!  YAY!  Keep scrolling!  In this point I will share What I Ate Today - at least for Breakfast and Lunch, some more finds that I will LINK UP to with MidWeek Munchies, and an Inspiring Woman of the Day!

I will start with that.  Amy Schumer.  She hosted SNL this past weekend and I thought she did a great job.  I know Christine over at The Raw Project has seen her LIVE and I wish I could at some point.  I really like her because she's not a girlie-girl, she speaks her mind, has things she feels very strong about, and seem like a girl you could go have a beer with!  Her most favorite person in the world is her sister which I LOVE hearing that!  I also love that she goes against the grain when it comes to how Hollywood (or the world) says women should look.  She's her own person and encourages everyone to be their own self, too.  One of her latest adventures is in the fashion industry and dressing for your body type.  Check out this article and video!

Next up...what I ate today for Breakfast & Lunch:

Breakfast:


Morning Snacks:

Handful of Galactic Garlic Onion Pistachios, Lemon Grass & Pandan Herbal Tea

Lunch:

Yet to be determined flavor of McDougall's Soup and a side salad of mixed greens


Now...here are 3 items I ordered over at The Raw Food World!  I've blogged about Awesome Foods products before and I can't wait to try some more!  Starting with Kale Krackers!!!!  Yes...just about all of us have had or at least seen Kale Chips but what about Kale Krackers?  I remember making something like this out of Spinach but I am looking forward to trying these, too!

And speaking of Kale Chips...I thought I would try these from Awesome Foods!  They have other flavors, too, and I am sure that I will try all of them at some point but these jumped out at me this time around!


Then I got more Raw Organic Sunflower Seeds to add to my stash.  I have been using various nuts in a lot of dips, spreads, sauces, etc but silly me I should be using Sunflower and/or Pumpkin Seeds MORE because they are even more powerful and nutritious than nuts AND they are CHEAPER!


12 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! I love and adore Amy Schumer! I sometimes sub half raw sunflower seeds for raw cashews in Cashew sauces, and it's the same thick creamy taste and texture, and like you said extra nutrition and cheaper cost. Win win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be posting more seed vs nut base recipes soon! Of course I still LOVE my cashews, etc but I want to incorporate more seeds very soon!

      Delete
  2. You're so productive ;)
    And I must say you're food today is making me a little bit jealous - it sounds so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Productive? LOL I don't know if I have ever been described as productive thanks!!!!

      Delete
  3. So cool you remembered my post on Amy and it was such a great show! Trainwreck was such a great movie too and I adore her show. Her interview on Ellen cracked me up and even had Ellen in laughing fits, look it up on YouTube! And great eats today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I NEED to see that movie :) I have been watching a lot of her interviews, too, so funny!

      Delete
  4. Wowwww!!! Two posts a day! I'd just stick to one...unless I click by accident or get the details in the schedule list all wrong. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I just I have more to say than others LOL

      Delete
  5. Amy Schumer has a special on HBO tonight at 10pm dont forget. She is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have HBO but hope to see it soon if possible! :)

      Delete
  6. I love Amy Schumer! She really does rock. She's putting curvy women on the map and I LOVE IT! She's hilarious and totally de-bunking the myth that hollywood needs to be super skinny.
    Did you see her movie Trainwreck? It was awesome! She did a great job with it. Thanks for posting the video, I'll check it out. My sister saw her on SNL and said she couldn't stop laughing. My sister is also my most favourite person in the world =)
    The kale crackers look great! Mary's also makes kale crackers too - they aren't raw, they just have kale in them, but they are insanely tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't seen Trainwreck but want to! I will probably have to wait until it comes out on iTunes or something tho! I will have to see if I can find Mary's Kale Krackers, too! Thanks for the heads-up!

      Delete