Wednesday, October 14, 2015

MidWeek Munchies ~ FINALLY Found Daiya Cheesecake!

It's the middle of the week - that means it's time for a NEW MidWeek Munchies Link Up!  Keep reading to participate!  If you noticed MidWeek Munchies on some of your fellow veggie heads blogs last week and wonder how to jump in and have some fun with us NOW is the time!  All you have to do is blog about your Vegan Hauls, Vegan Finds, Vegan Farmers Market Trips, Vegan Online Purchases...you name it, you blog about it, you link up!  It's that easy!  My week this week isn't overly exciting as a whole BUT I am super excited about one of the finds I located after MONTHS of searching!


YUP!  Daiya New York Cheesecake!  I FINALLY found it!  But I haven't tried it yet!  I always LOVED cheese cake if just didn't like me!  So when I hear about vegan cheese cakes I MUST look into them!

For produce this week it's been slim pickin's.  I did grab: sweet onion, lettuce (both bagged and head lettuce), canned pineapple, and San Marzano Tomatoes FRESH!

I still have some produce left over from last week but not much.


As far as convenience items are concerned I did stock up a bit on McDougall's Soups!  It's been a LONG time since I have done that.

I have tried all of the ones I can find locally before but I try and grab them when they are on sale.  While they were NOT on sale this time I wanted to get some lunch items for the next few weeks and they seemed to fit the bill.  Even if they were around $1.79 each that's a heck of a lot better than the 8 to 10 bucks of buying something around town.


Hubby wanted tacos on Sunday so that's something that we can eat together but have out own versions of if you know what I mean.  Therefore...I also purchased Tofutti Sour Cream (I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I bought this so it was a treat), Daiya Cheddar Shreds, Corn Shells, Lemon Juice (I was completely out!  And the fresh lemons didn't look great!  Oh No!), Taco Sauce, and White Rice.  Now it's YOUR TURN!  What's on your Vegan MidWeek Munchies List?



22 comments:

  1. About an hour ago, I made one of my versions of dhal.The tomatoes, peppers and pumpkin that I added to the dish came from our garden. I'll hopefully get around to posting pictures some time this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see it! I wish I could TASTE it too :) The pumpkin addition sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to be doing another MidWeek Munchies!
    I've had that cheezecake twice - one time Ioved it and the other time I was not so crazy about it. I'm not sure why though. McDougalls are some of my favorite soups to take away on vacation in case I need a vegan snack. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the work on MWM!!!! You Rock! I HOPE my first experience will be a good one with this product :) I agree with you on the soups, too! YUM!

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried the Daiya cheesecake yet, but it looks good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I can't wait to find and devour that Daiya New York Cheesecake! I still suffer from creamy cravings and that will definitely satisfy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean :) I have liked the other Daiya products I have tried so I hope this will follow suit!

      Delete
  5. I finally tried the "Follow your heart" "cheese". It was awesome in a raclette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had Follow Your Heart Cheese in a while. Glad you liked it! I used to like their Vegan Mayo, too!

      Delete
    2. Have you tried Just Mayo yet? I love that even more!

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to hear your review of the Daiya Cheesecake, been tempted to grab one! And those soups are great, I order them for easy lunches for hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this weekend! I can't wait to jump into it but then again I want to savor it because it's a treat and I know I will have a hard time finding it again!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your cheesecake. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some over the weekend! It was wonderful :) YUM!

      Delete
  8. I hope they get that Cheesecake down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed to take forever to get from the west coast to the east coast here, too!

      Delete
  9. Oooh I haven't tried that Daiya cheesecake yet either. It looks so good!
    Oooh I could go for vegan tacos. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet I could eat vegan tacos everyday! LOL The cheesecake was awesome, btw!

      Delete
  10. I got the strawberry cheesecake and my husband LOVED it! Too bad they are pretty expensive, but it inspired us to try and make our own vegan cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And pretty high in sodium but then again it's a packaged item. It's ok for a treat tho! So grateful they offer it :)

      Delete