Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Smooth Chocolate Organic Plant Protein - First Impression

This is a blog post about Garden of Life's new Organic Plant Protein - specifically - their Smooth Chocolate Flavor.  This is also a FIRST IMPRESSION post - therefore - I tried this as a single serving - straight up with Almond Milk - nothing more and nothing less.  My first encounter was last week when I mixed the dry powder in with the Almond Milk and used a Blender Bottle to shake it well.

I will completely agree that this new Organic Plant Protein (OPP) is VERY smooth.  It's NOT grainy like some other powders.  The Smooth Chocolate Flavor was tasty but I will say the aroma is what got me hooked up front!

Overall I really did enjoy sipping on this smooth chocolate flavor!  There was an undertone of 'green-ness' to it...similar to that of a pea or spinach.  I can't wait to start playing with this brand new line from Garden of Life!

Grain Free
We source clean, pure ingredients from organic family farms to bring you the best nutritional products in the world.
  • 15g of complete protein
  • Smooth, with no gritty texture
  • Tasty and flavorful
  • Includes essential fatty acids, probiotics and enzymes
  • Gluten Free, with no allergenic ingredients like soy, wheat and dairy.
Super SMOOTH and delicious, our family friendly Grain Free Organic Plant Protein is packed with energy-giving protein and wholesome fiber.
Directions
Mix 1 level scoop in 8 ounces of water (scoop included). Delicious with unsweetened almond or rice milk.
Warning
Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal is damaged or missing.
Does Not Contain:

Contains No dairy, soy, tree nuts, added sugars, filler ingredients, artificial flavorings, colors, sweeteners or preservatives. Grain Free

6 comments:

  1. Wish we have this here. Would be good for my girl. She is too engrossed in her work, skips meals...as she will be too tired to cook or have no mood to eat...and would just go to sleep. Not enough nutrients to keep going - growing thinner and thinner. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She needs to take some time for herself, too!!!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds good, I've been using GoL's Raw Protein for awhile now in smoothies and always found it smooth blended with bananas and kale. Seems like this would be great for traveling. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their new OPP is REALLY smooth! And the aroma of them...WOW!!!!

      Delete
  3. I've been on the lookout for a new protein powder. Does this one have stevia in it? I really don't like the taste of stevia...
    I don't think I've ever bought chocolate protein powder - sounds decadent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I looked at have Stevia in it but it's way down on the list of ingredients and I couldn't really taste that Stevia flavor, per say...hope that helps!

      Delete