Thursday, August 7, 2014

Vegan Food Trucks & Food at WNY VegFest

This post rounds up the rest of my WNY VegFest chatter and photos.  As you can tell I had a great time.  Today I want to share with you the photos from the food stations, tables, and trucks!

Starting off with this one...The Whole Hog!  Eventho The Whole Hog is a food truck that serves the Buffalo and Western New York area with foods using meat raised locally and supporting local farms - they can also go vegan when the opportunity arises!   For the VegFest this truck went Vegan on Sunday!  I was VERY tempted by almost everything on this list and REALLY wanted to try it but by the time my sister and I got back over and ordered the race was done and this truck was PACKED with potential customers.

Of course my sister LOVED this truck since it was PINK.  She's a PINK Freak...I for one...can't stand the color pink...but I WAS very interested in what they were serving!

After Googling the company they have a domain but I wasn't able to view it so I decided NOT to link it.  Maybe down the road, tho!

We took a few steps to the right and went to this truck instead.

They were more of a vendor type truck but they did have options!  The line was shorter so we opted for PIZZA. 

They used Tofurky Products for the most part.

My sister had a Veggie Pizza - it didn't have cheese but it did have TONS of Broccoli, Onions, and Black Olives on it.  She said she REALLY liked it.


I ended up ordering a slice of the Taco Pizza.  Mostly because I don't remember having Taco Pizza as a vegan or even as a lacto/lacto-ovo veg prior.

They used Daiya Cheese, Tofurky for the Taco 'meat', and a nice sauce with some black olives.  Eventho I was really hungry when I first started eating this slice I was completely full when I finished it.  It was VERY filling!

Because my sister isn't vegetarian I thought pizza was a good option.  She's fairly open to other foods, tho, and does eat vegetarian meals more than most people I know who are not vegetarian.  She tried a bite of mine and said she liked it, too!

The Food Table & Tent was PACKED, too!  Which is a GREAT thing for the festival but not-so-great if you had a 2 hour trip back like we did so that's another reason why we went with the Pizza.  Next year I really want to try one of the food companies featured in this tent, tho!  I spoke with a few of the people when they were setting up and one of the store owners told me about her place, asked if I was a blogger, and invited me to stop by their location in Orchard Park.  I think at some point I just might try and do that!

One of the many places I wanted to try - but wasn't able to - was this Indian Food Table.  I didn't see a sign with the company's name but they had some decent prices.  I regret not getting in line specifically for their Samosa's.  My sister doesn't do fried foods because of her stomach issues so one of these days her and I will have to try and make some and bake them instead.  I think she would really like Samosa's.
GoVeggies was another section and they featured about a half dozen of their from-scratch veggie burgers that were all vegan.  They also had some spring rolls incase you weren't into veggie burgers. 

Last  time I was in town I saw that they were moving and wasn't able to catch them while they were open. 

After checking out their website I noticed they are now located in Tonawanda.  I want to do a day trip and visit soon!

I'm totally digging their 100% Vegan Menu!

Again, I'm so grateful that I was FINALLY able to attend a VegFest that was within driving distance.  I'm also thankful for my sister for making the trip with me eventho she's not vegetarian!  I hope to go to more in the future and I REALLY hope that Western New York has them each year now.  For the rest of this week I will be catching up on Fair Week posts and I'm starting to 'bank roll' some food posts for next week, too!  Another thing I want to start doing are "Happy Emails".  I want to start sending 3 short Thank You Emails or Happy Emails each week to not only try and brighten someone's day but to give credit where credit is due!  I think I will start off next week with notes to WNY VegFest as well as the Vegan Zombie Crew!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I love vegetarian festivals like the one you are attending! What a fun and fabulous way to enjoy your summer! Wish I was there! I love your post as well as your idea for sending Thank You Emails or Happy Emails each week! What a wonderful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I was able to go! I want to do more, now...but KNOW I will have to travel for them! Very grateful they now have one in WNY - it's only 2 hours from me :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great festival with and love the food trucks. But the pizza looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It sure was FUN and memorable!

      Delete
  3. It looks like you both had a wonderful time. I don't think I've ever been to a vegetarian festival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Response below...my blogger comments are acting weird, sorry!

      Delete
  4. We did! I had been seeing a bunch of events online but haven't found anything remotely close to me. This was still 2 hours from us but since I grew up in WNY I knew a bit about some of the neighborhoods along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! That sounds like something I'd love to attend. I love pink, too, so I would have been attracted to that food truck as well, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's strange to LOVE the idea of Food Trucks but I do...especially the veggie option ones :) I know they are gaining popularity and I hope more smaller cities start getting them, too!

      Delete
  6. Would love to try EVERYTHING at the veg fest, all look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much felt the same way LOL - I bet you would have had a blast, too!

      Delete