Wednesday, May 28, 2014

2 Raw Soups - Tomato Carrot & Tangy Tomato Corn Chowder

Towards the end of my Raw Week last week and on to the weekend I decided to try and make 2 Raw Soups.  Some of the Raw Soups I've done in the past have been hit and miss but I REALLY enjoyed BOTH of these two Raw Soups and can't wait to try more!

First up...this Tomato Carrot - Spice Optional.

2 Tomatoes
4 Sun Dried Tomatoes
2 Carrots
1 T Grapeseed Oil
1 Onion
1 Clove Garlic
Optional Add-ins:
Salt & Pepper to taste (I used Wildtree's California Garlic Pepper)
Red Jalapeno Powder
Hemp Seeds/Hemp Hearts

This next raw(ish) soup is a Corn Chowder of sorts with tangy tomato.

2 C Almond Milk (or Water)
2 C Corn
1 Clove Garlic
5 Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 tea Braggs Liquid Aminos
1/2 each of Cumin, Cayenne Powder, Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste

This soup is more of a Raw(ish) than actual Raw because of the Almond Milk but you could use water instead...or if you make your own raw Almond Milk, I suppose.  But I did really like the flavor of this one, too!

What kind of Raw Soups do you like?

8 comments:

  1. The soups look good! I go back and fourth on raw soups, sometimes they're not that satisfying. But when I do enjoy them, they're usually hemp seed or avocado based.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I've had some really bad attempts! LOL - I was so excited that BOTH of these were super tasty!!!

      Delete
  2. Gotta try and cook my own soups. Here, we get Campbell's. My girl is not all that fond of any. We have a couple of our own local brands, I think they're not much better, if not worse. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Grandmother made wonderful soups - she passed away just before my 6th birthday and I can remember those soups!!! That's how good I remember them being! After she passed - I was raised on Campbell's. Looking back I can't believe it! I always found them so salty! Perhaps that's why I'm not much of a salt person to this day!

      Delete
  3. Yum - those sauces both sound SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I ate them as raw soups but I bet they would also make great sauces, too!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely going to have to try a raw soup recipe this summer. The corn sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope to do more of them soon :)

      Delete