Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Faux Fried Rice

I was going to post about this rice yesterday but I figured with the lengthy progress on the Container and Rooftop Gardening I didn't want to push my luck!

So...today is another day and I have another post.

I also have another rice dish as you will see here!  I wanted to do something like Veggie Fried Rice but this isn't 'fried' per say.  It LOOKS like 'fried rice' so I think I will call it Faux Fried Rice.  Here is what I did and what's in it...

2 C Cooked Rice
2 T Minced Garlic, Minced Sun Dried Tomatoes Combo (or 1 T of each)
1/2 tea Onion Powder
1 C Mixed Veggies
2 T Braggs Liquid Aminos (or Soy Sauce)
1/4 tea Turmeric

As you can see the veggies I used were a mix of: Peas, Green Beans, Corn, Carrots.
This turned out wonderful and I can't wait to have it again!

11 comments:

  1. It looks very colorful. I made something similar for my daughter, but added a bit of chicken. While she eats animal products they are more of a condiment so they don't overpower the dish.

    I'm making raw banana chips today. Those won't be done until tomorrow. This afternoon, I'll put up a post for Totally Raw Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) My Totally Raw Thursday might not happen until Monday...eeeek! I will keep you posted tho :) It's been a CRAZY week :)

      Delete
  2. Looks wonderful, like that is does not use oil and is simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It didn't need oil at all - I was pleasantly surprised :)

      Delete
  3. We LOVE rice!!! Yum!!! Thanks for being part of our party, We pinned your yummy rice and started following you!!! Lou Lou girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin :) The visit! And the comment :)

      Delete
  4. MMmm love this healthier version of an old fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm TRYING :) I have some recipes I think you will enjoy today and later this week, too!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jennifer,
    I love hearty rice dishes so this faux fried rice recipe is perfect for me. Like you, I don't fry my rice dishes. I simply combine ingredients and steam them or lightly sautee them.
    Thank you so much for sharing this healthy and delectable recipe at the Plant-Based Potluck Party Blog Hop! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm also finding the Turmeric is wonderful for color - I mean...I have always known that but perhaps overlooked it in some cases. It's been a CRAZY week but I hope to post more about that soon in an "egg" Salad Spread (that's vegan, of course!)

      Delete
  6. This looks good! Haven't used tumeric in my fried rice for a while - ran out of the powder. Sure adds to the fragrance and the colour. Sometimes I used curry powder instead, if there's any lying around.

    ReplyDelete