For the past couple of years we have had a "yard leftovers" compost pile of sorts. Nothing 'high tech' just a spot where we dump soil, wood chips/shavings that fall off trees, landscape clippings, etc into a pile at the end of our property. Over the weekend I noticed we have 2 trees GROWING from it! They don't look like much and our trees haven't bloomed yet - anywhere in town - but I am hoping these do! These 'unexpected' trees are neat! Can't wait to see what happens with them! I will try to take pictures, soon!
I decided to go over to CarbonFootprint.com and see what my current 'footprint' was. This is just a quick rough estimate for the past year or less but I was quite surprised!
- Your footprint is 6.31 metric tons per year
- The average footprint for people in United States is 20.40 metric tons
- The average for the industrial nations is about 11 metric tons
- The average worldwide carbon footprint is about 4 metric tons
- The worldwide target to combat climate change is 2 metric tons
Another great site I have been spending a lot of time on lately is Alicia Silverstone's Kind Life Site! Check it out when you have time! I have LOTS more to share with you but will do another post in a few hours! What are you doing for Earth Day today?