Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Granola Mix, Ethiopian Potatoes, Radish Sprouts, and Such!

 I don't usually add 'milk' to my Granola.  I like to eat it dry.  But I have a bunch of Coconut Milk I have to use and thought I would try it yesterday.  I have also been buying and mixing Granola like it's 'The End Times' so I decided to mix one of the Peanut Butter Granola's in with a Dark Chocolate Granola AND add a bit of Grape Nuts into the mix and here is what I came up with!  It was quite nice.  Super filling and CRAZY nutritious! 
 Ethiopian Potato Salad.  Yup!  I've started to make-good on my personal goals and make foods from other parts of the world.  This is my first attempt!  Here's what it has - super easy - full of flavor!

1 pound of potatoes (cooked)
2 T Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil
Wildtree Onion & Chive Blend to taste (I used maybe 3 T)
1-2 T Lemon Juice
Parsley to your liking
Jalapeno (Optional)
 Last night I really didn't know what to have for dinner and I needed to use some sprouts as well as one of my Avocados!  So I did an Avocado Mash on top of an "everything" bagel.  It's hard to see here but I added a few shakes of Wildtree Chipotle Hot Sauce inbetween that layer and the sprouts.  For the Sprouts I used Radish Sprouts!  I was very pleased with this portion of my meal - it was super awesome!
Yup!  I got home any my Radish Sprouts were ready!  Check these babies out!  Aren't they crazy-sexy-cool?

I decided to put my iPhone Macro to the test and I was glad I did.

I ended up finding a place online to order sprouts that accepts PayPal and placed a small order this morning.  I think I will save that post for when they come in!
Here's another look at my newly sprouted Radish Sprouts.

A few nutritional Benefits include: It is also a good source of Vitamin A, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iron and Copper, and a very good source of Vitamin C, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Manganese.

Well, that's all for now but I have some more adventures on deck so stop back soon and have a GREAT DAY!

6 comments:

  1. That avocado & sprouts bagel sounds delicious! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go all the way to Sweden before I got turned onto avocado. A few of my Swedish pals loved it, and convinced me to check it out. I'm hoping to take my daughter there in the next few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been to Sweden? WOW! Awesome! I'd love to visit any country, really, but I'd love to go to Norway out of the 5 countries I have roots in (the most). When I was younger I always wanted to go to Cyprus. I nearly went to Jamaica years ago but didn't get to. Also England...and I haven't yet.

      Delete
  3. I was looking for Radish sprouts pictures and got here! mines are growing and having this hairy start at the bottom.. is that the way it should be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had that happen a few times...I think they should be fine as long as they aren't discolored when they sprout or smell funny. I think Radish Sprouts are some of my faves because they smell and taste like actual RADISHES :) Yum!

      Delete