Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Forgot I Didn't Have BUNS!

 I re-ordered my MOST FAVORITE Veggie Burgers EVER and decided to have one last night.  I totally forgot I didn't have any Burger-Buns on hand!  I didn't want to go back out just for those - so I used Whole Grain Bread instead.  It was what I had on hand.  I toasted the slices of bread and added what little bit of lettuce I had left in my produce section of my kitchen as well as adding some Lentil Sprouts and the actual Veggie Burger.  I topped it with Wildtree's Discontinued Ketchup and NEW Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.  I've said it before and I will say it again...I LOVE this Dipping Sauce because it's Egg/Dairy-Free (Vegan accept for the Honey...so...Apia(n) Vegan if you want to put a label on it, I guess.) UNLIKE most you find in stores and restaurants!  YUM!
Here it is assembled.  It was really good!  I did the 'patty' on stove top with some Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil.

4 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I never use buns - I like a pita or a naan for my burgers & sandwiches. But, sliced bread is good, too : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so hungry for Naan! Looking for vegan Naan!!! Squeeeee!

      Delete
  2. The food looks great.

    You could always make your own honey mustard dipping sauce. I add spices to my taste, my daughter loves that over the store bought variety. I'd say the same about the veggie burgers but then I like to experiment in the kitchen. Once I started making my own I haven't gone back, fresher ingredients and no preservatives. I make my burger mix in bulk (beans are usually the main ingredient) freeze and use when needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the burgers I have tried to make from scratch they always seem to fall apart! LOL - I should try again soon, tho! Anything I list from Wildtree doesn't have any preservatives at all but I know some of my other items might. You'll have to give me some tips on your burgers!!!!

      Delete