Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Vegan Creamed Spinach

 I had a spurt of energy at the end of today and decided to try and make Vegan Creamed Spinach.  Above you can see I did end up adding vegan mozzarella - Teese Brand.
Here is what I put in this dish to make it my very own...
10-ounces frozen spinach
Splash of Grapeseed Oil (Wildtree Brand)
Splash of Green Tea (I used Organic Green Andean from Drink T)
2 T Vegan Margarine (I used Earth Balance)
1/2 T Wildtree Onion & Chive Blend
1/2 T Wildtree Garlic Galore
A bit less than a cup of Soy Milk
Pinch of Nutmeg
Sprinkle of Wildtree Lemon Pepper
5 thin slices of Teese Mozzarella - Vegan Cheese

I'm pleasantly surprised at how rich it is and creamy.  I'm happy with the outcome!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Oh that does look creamy, and I love spinach! A few days ago, I made a broccoli and cheese soup for my daughter. I made a version w/o cheese for myself too. She loved it, in fact she's eating some of it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds YUMMY! Do you remember what you put in yours?

      Delete
  2. This looks SO great. I saw Ming Tsai (I think it was him...) make a 'creamed' spinach with tofu once, and I've always wanted to try that. I bet this tastes just decadent though with the Earth Balance, onions, and chives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will have to Google Ming Tsai :) Sounds interesting with Tofu :)

      Delete
  3. this is an awesome recipe! I love spinach! Want to try this if I have time and I hope I can make it. Thank you for sharing this to us! I also follow one website which talks about vegan food and fitness, http://www.bodybyblasian.com/ Goodluck! :)

    ReplyDelete