Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Something like "Mock Tuno Salad"

The other night I followed a recipe from The 4 Ingredient Vegan and it was pretty horrible.  The sauce was made of Vegan Mayo and Tahini.  I didn't want to give-up on it so here is what I did to tweak it:

Yes...that's Quinoa Pasta you see!  
For the sauce I used Tahini, Vegan Mayo, Almond Milk and Water.
For the additions to the sauce for texture I used chopped/marinated Artichoke Hearts, Tomatoes, a little bit of Medium-Hot Salsa, and Wildtree California Garlic Pepper.

With the exception of the Hot Salsa this was reminiscent of a Mock Tuno Pasta Salad.  It wasn't bad!  With the addition of the kicky salsa it really did give it a nice punch.  This is pretty good warm but even better cold!

Pretty tasty ending for something that started out pretty awful! LOL

Vegan Mofo!

No comments:

Post a Comment