Thursday, October 6, 2011

NuNaturals Pure Liquid Cocoa Bean Extract


Health Benefits Without The Fat & Sugar
The average 40 gram bar of dark chocolate contains 250 calories and 14 grams of fat! If the chocolate bar uses Dutch processs cocoa, some of the polyphenols will be destroyed. NuNaturals Cocoa Extract contains 15% of the polyphenols and 10% theobromines in Cocoa. Ten milliliters of our Cocoa Extract would contain the same amount of polyphenols and theobromines in a chocolate bar at about the same cost, but without the fat and calories! But how does it taste? Delicious! We have added a touch of our non-bitter NuStevia™ extract to complement the taste of the Cocoa extract.
So Why Are Polyphenols So Good For You?
Antioxidants are chemicals that prevent the oxidation of other compounds. Oxidation is the process of adding oxygen to a compound. The oxidation process, if left unchecked, can produce “free radical” molecules. Free radicals can start chemical reactions that can cause damage to cells and DNA. Antioxidants help reduce the level free radicals by acting as recipients of the extra oxygen thus preventing the oxidation and subsequent damage to your cells. Your body can fight against this oxidation but this ability declines with age. You can enhance your body’s antioxidant defenses by eating antioxidant-rich foods. NuNaturals Cocoa Extract has very high polyphenol content. This is a excellent way to nourish your body with antioxidants.
ORAC, or Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity is a measure of antioxidant power. This measure quantitates a food’s ability to neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals. Data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Journal of the American Chemical Society show that cocoa is one of the highest foods on the ORAC chart.

My Review of this Product:

I have been pondering my reviews for NuNatural Products for quite some time now.  There is just so much information and so many thing you can do with their products that I was just lost as to where to start or how to write about them!  The more I thought about writing and reviewing these products...the more I thought of the old slogan...JUST DO IT!  So that's what I will be doing!

I will just start blogging about my individual experiences using their products from here on out!  Please FOLLOW this blog and visit often because I have several products I will be reviewing for weeks and months to come!  All of which are unique as well as natural!

For this specific product NuNatural's Pure Liquid Cocoa Bean Extract...here are my experiences SO FAR...

Upon opening the 2 fluid-ounce bottle I could smell the cocoa extract right away!  Eventho it's concentrated I decided to try a drop on my tongue just for kicks.  It's stand alone flavor is quite tasty!  It's a VERY sweet chocolatey type taste.  Almost like a Vanilla Chocolate.

I added a few drops of this to one of my plain black teas from Shanti Tea...and it was really nice!  It gave it just a hint of milk chocolate or chocolate milk type taste...I'm sure you can adjust more or less to your liking...one of the many beauties of this product!

I also tried 5 drops in a cup of Almond Cookie Tea from Butiki Teas...which is an awesome flavored black by itself but with the addition of NuNaturals it kicked it up a notch to make it a "cocoa almond cookie' flavored black!

Another taste-test I did with this product it to add it to Matcha.  I used Pure Matcha's Green Matcha and added about 5 drops to it.  The outcome was AMAZING! 

I'm eager to try this with almond milk as well as in a simple cookie recipe!  These are awesome products to PLAY with and that is just what I intend to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment