Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Vegan Cheez-Its & Vegan Cheez Slices Made In My Dehydrator

I'm still overjoyed with the way my Kale Chips turned out and if you read that you saw that I had left over sauce.  I said that I was going to keep you posted about what I did with it and that, my friend, is what THIS post is about today.

Following the same recipe in that post with the addition of the Garden Of Life Perfect Food I evened out the rest of my sauce into my dehydrator and let it run overnight.  This morning when I opened it up the thinner parts of the spread dried into nice thin chips.  They reminded me of Cheez-It's and I was so happy!  Some of the thicker parts were a bit flimsier and I noticed they could pass as sliced 'cheese'.  I figured I would try it on toast.  It worked well.  The flavor was cheesy-like but the texture reminded me back when I ate cheese and that little bit stuck to the pan...oh yes...it was nice!  I know the photo doesn't do it much justice.  It's a bit dark...the color of these slices and chips was that of an orange or a reddish-orange.  More importantly - they were both tasty!  And FUN to make!  I am pleased with these two taste tests, indeed!  Tomorrow I will be posting about a Smoothie or TWO so stay tuned!



6 comments:

  1. Not much cheese available around here, all imported and very expensive. Don't think I'll ever get to see any vegan ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anymore...regular dairy cheese - as well as - vegan cheese - is pretty expensive in the states, too! I think this is a good alternative to store bought for the flavor that you can make at home. It's just basically made out of Cashews and Sweet Read Bell Peppers as the main two ingredients!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for crackers and these look amazing, must try making some soon! My poor dehydrator is stuffed in our pantry now since we had to move the cat food up on the kitchen counter or else Skipper eats it all. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I hear ya! 2 of my dogs eat the cat food, too! They run upstairs before I can get them at night before we go to bed!

      Delete
  3. Huh. I have never thought of doing that with the leftover kale chip "sauce". I usually just use it for salad dressing - this looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was FUN and I was delighted that it worked out well! I can't wait to try more :)

      Delete