Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Cuteness, Cars, Crafts, Veterans Ceremony, Tomato Saltine Salad Recipe, & Fair Week Re-Cap!



I thought I would start this post off with a little CUTENESS!  This photo was taken in Erie near the Bayfront.  These little youth ducklings were all snuggled up and ready for a nap.


It seems I have been spending more time in Erie for several reasons but a few of them have been work related.  As for this 2nd photo - this was taken at our local Courthouse over the summer.  The person on the right in mid-salute is my father.  He was one of over 300 veterans in our county that was recognized for serving during Vietnam.  Our area has more veterans per capita than any other county in Pennsylvania.


In late June - we once again helped with the car and craft show at the fairgrounds.  It was the first time in 7 years of holding the event that we had PERFECT weather!


One of the camping foods I made this past summer that I certainly want to try again is this Tomato Saltine Salad.  For the vegan version I used the following:

2 packages of saltines
1 large tomato, diced
Vegan Mayo to taste/consistency
Garlic, fresh or dried, to taste
Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste

Super easy!  I know it might sound weird but I think it might just qualify as a comfort food!


Finally, I am getting to re-cap Fair Week.  It was the first full week in August and I'm just getting to it now!  YIKES!  In this photo, you will see me, Riley Green, my mom and my dad.  YES...Riley Green is TALL...but...my whole family is also SHORT so that is why he looks like a giant.  BUT...if you look at the next photo...


You will see all of the guys from Home Free are also tall.  Here is a pic of the guys with me, my sister, my dad (squatting and holding my niece), Trinity, and my mom in the back, too!  This was the 2nd time we had Home Free at our Fairgrounds and they are AWESOME!  My niece was dancing the entire time.  Now when she sees the five guys in a photo...she points to each one of them and says..."hot...hot...hot...hot...hot.."  I have to say...she's NOT wrong...they are some good looking guys!


Something I did for the very first time at fair this year was enter a few categories in the domestic buildings.  My original plan was to enter several photographs but when I went to do the prints they were to grainy and I decided not to do it but didn't want to FAIL at a goal so I entered other categories instead.  This first photo didn't place at all.  I decided to enter it into the Mixed Media but there were so many other entries that were much more involved than mine so it's all good!


This one placed 4th!  I entered it for Collage!  It was a project I did several years ago and was thrilled it placed!


This one I entered into the Scrapbooking Page category.  I placed 3rd!  I was pretty shocked!


And check this out!  I got a 1st place!!!!!!  I was completely surprised and didn't believe it at first.  I entered this Veggie Recipe Book in the Rubber Stamp Project category!


Here's another look at it next to the actual ribbon.  I had more photos of the inside on my IG, too!


And here is my FIRST PLACE Project with all 3 Ribbons!  I was so thrilled yet surprised that I placed at all let alone with 3 projects in my first year of trying!



11 comments:

  1. ducklings are cute, thanks for sharing such fluffiness.
    Congrats on your first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It sure was a surprise! I love that they were snuggling, too!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your awards!! That is awesome.
    And that pile of ducklings, I wish to join them in a soft little slumber pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on the congrats! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that duck photo! I refer back to it often when I need a smile!

      Delete
  3. Little ducklings!! I too want to join in the cuddles!
    Congratulations on winning so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, such sweet little ducklings! Your tomato saltine salad sounds pretty good; I'll have to give that a try! And congratulations on all your ribbons; that's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I posted those ducks twice but I couldn't resist!!! Let me know if you try the Saltine Salad!

      Delete
  5. The ducklings are adorable! And congrats on first place, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's a lovely story and the ducks are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete