Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Golden Milk, Vegan Blue Cheese, Witch Hazel, & Nettles Tea

I found a few things I forgot to add to yesterday's post!  First off is this Golden Milk from Wegman's that I had about a week or so ago!  I opted for the 8-ounce. 

You know how I LOVE Turmeric and I try to add it to at least one of my food or beverages a day!

This was pretty good.  It was mellower than I expected.  The Black Pepper sank to the bottom and it was a bit harsh but not overly-so.  I need to make more of this myself - at home.  It's easy and I have all the ingredients on hand.


One of the many 'new-to-me' products I was able to get my hands on this past week and our travels to Ohio was this Blue Cheese!  Vegan, of course!  It's by VioLife.  I have seen The Vegan Zombie and others post about it from Expo West and I thought it was going to be a year or two before it came over to the East side of the US.  So when I saw it - I didn't hesitate to grab it.

I will say...it's ok.  It's not OVERLY awesome.  I don't think it's something I would nibble on by itself.  However, I have tried it two other ways.  One was to melt it on a bagel - that was fairly good.  The other was to do a small dice and mix in with an Alfredo.  That was YUMMY! 

It's something I will continue to play around with.  I'm convinced it has potential.  I'm thinking the crumbles on a salad paired with another vegan creamy ranch or blue cheese type dressing would be stellar.

A few updates...thankfully, I seem to have the Dyshidrotic Eczema under control with the help of Witch Hazel and Nettles Tea.  I'm going to continue to use both of these things because now I have a boil on my leg from a pair of pants that was irritating me.  Both can be used for both issues.  And I'm going to try and drink Nettles Tea each night for the additional benefits while building up my immune system and a bit of self-care for my liver. It's also great for inflammation, pain, and skin so those are things I can put in my mental Rolodex, too!

For some AWESOME info on BOTH:
Nettles Tea & Witch Hazel

18 comments:

  1. Asian? Haven't seen that milk here, sure would love to grab one to try. Turmeric is good for health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm a fan of Turmeric and try to add it to foods or drinks daily!

      Delete
  2. I bet the blue cheese would be good with the daiya blue cheese dressing. Even mixing some small pieces with the dressing for a chunky blue cheese.
    I hope I can find it someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are right! I was thinking about that when I tried it, actually!

      Delete
  3. Great finds, gotta try the Golden Milk because I am obsessed with turmeric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to make, too! Probably a lot cheaper to make than buy, as well!

      Delete
  4. I just got samples of a golden milk powder and I can't wait to try it! I was never a fan of blue cheese and to be honest I don't really get the hype on violife because I wasn't super impressed but I love that they are trying new flavors. I heard that they have a feta and I definitely want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sample of golden milk powder? What's the brand? So far I think VioLife is 'ok' but I have only tried 2 of them so far.

      Delete
  5. I've easily made turmeric lattes/golden milk at home using spices from my pantry, it is very fast and cheap that way! Also means I can leave out the coconut oil. I know it is meant to help you absorb it better, but it makes me sick, so I like being able to skip it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I have made at home I didn't use Coconut Oil, either. As far as I can gather - it's optional. I thought it made it a bit creamier but I think we could do without it, too!

      Delete
  6. They don't sell those turmeric lattes at the Wegman's near me. Such a bummer! But apparently one of the Wegman's have the nitro infused iced coffee, soo.... I'm happy about that. XD I want to try and make a turmeric latte mix so I can make easily at home. As Susan points out, it is really cheap to make.

    I got the blue cheese as well. I only had it so far on asparagus, paired with bacun bits. It was pretty good. But I think there has to be a better way to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about 'a better way to eat it'...I'm not sure what that is YET. I'm thinking a marinated portabella mushroom and melt the Blue Cheese in the 'under side' - I remember loving that when I was Lacto-Ovo Veg...so I might have to hurry up and try it while I still can...vegan version...here I come!

      Delete
  7. I love that blue cheese but have never seen it sold in stores, only online. I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen it in Ohio...not closer to me in WNY or PA...sigh...I really want to try their other offerings!

      Delete
  8. An Asian beverage? That's interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vegan blue cheese,, that is something new! I am working on a Mediterranean vegan "meat" at home with interesting flavors, hopefully one day I can share my experiments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear more about your experiments!

      Delete