Wednesday, November 8, 2017

"What Ever You Have" Curry


It's been 'slim pickins' with the foods that are left in my pantry and the last thing I actually bought was (canned) lite coconut milk so I knew I could get away with some sort of curry.  

I like to call this my "What Ever You Have" Curry

If you are anything like me - it's all about the curry sauce or broth that can make it or break it and I knew I was CRAVING a savory one so here is what's in this version - this time around...

1 can of Organic Light Coconut Milk
2 T Coconut Oil
3 to 4 Tomatoes, Diced
1 t Minced Onion
1 T Minced Garlic
1 t Garam Masala
1 t Curry Powder
1 t Turmeric
1/4 t Cumin
1 t Lemon Juice
Pink or Black Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
2 t Coconut Flour
About 6 or 7 Mini Red, Orange, Yellow Bell Peppers, Diced
About 1 Pound of Broccoli
About 1/2 C Corn
Smoked Paprika to taste

This 'hit the spot' and I will be doing variations of this recipe again very soon!





14 comments:

  1. Kitchen soup Curry is one of my most common meals! Everything goes and somehow, no matter what, it ends up tasting great. Quick, easy, and comforting, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing...right after posting this I threw the prepared leftovers in the blender and pulsed and it was even better! I might blog about that adventure tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. That looks so good. My girl loves vegetable curry and yes, she'll throw anything in - chick peas, potatoes, tomatoes, cauliflower etc. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been craving potatoes! I need to get some this weekend!

      Delete
  3. I love recipes that can be easily adapted for whatever you have in the fridge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are most of my meal ideas and recipes. I'm not overly involved or have too many ingredients in a lot of what I make at home :) - thanks for stopping by - and also for commenting! I will be updating my links again tomorrow and will add you!

      Delete
  4. I love a good curry! I'm eating one this week. And do I ever agree - it's all about a good sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on at the same time I see!!! I was just over at your place! I can't wait to see the curry you come up with!

      Delete
  5. Yum, this looks great. Curry sauces are perfect for using up fresh ingredients - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until you see what I did with the leftovers! Just posted about it LOL

      Delete
  6. It looks absolutely delicious !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I know I will be posting more currying over the next several months! So comforting and warming for winter weather!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love curries like this - which to be honest is pretty much any curry I make. They're a great way to use up any veggies lying around the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this with curry! Can't wait to check out some of the ones you make! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog as well!

      Delete