Thursday, June 29, 2017

Mixing Leftovers & A New Mug!

Here's one of 3 new mugs I bought over the weekend!  It's from a local vendor that I couldn't find online anywhere but HAD to post this bit of pottery!  LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  I will save the other 2 mugs for a later date.

As for my Food Challenge for this week - I didn't spend any additional money yesterday on food and used leftovers and added it to something I had a little bit left of in my pantry...pasta!  It turned out tasty!  It was a bunch of stuff thrown together that is for sure!  I ate it for dinner last night and the rest today for lunch!

I used the leftover black beans, and leftover cauliflower rice, carrots, and peas from the night before and added it to elbow mac.  I used - all to taste - Vegan Mayo, Dijon Mustard, and Garlic...YUM!

This is a different take on a Vegan Macaroni Salad.

Also a good way to get in more veggies for the day!

I was pleasantly surprised!

10 comments:

  1. I love the new mug!! That first cup of tea in a new mug is always the best!
    Your thrown together macaroni salad looks delicious! You would be great on Vegan Chopped if there were such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The first sip is always the best in a new mug! teehee! Vegan Chopped!!! Wouldn't that be something!?

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love mugs and that one is gorgeous! I love the new take on a macaroni salad, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback! I have 2 more mugs to share soon, too! And I will be doing more with Mac Salads in the near future!

      Delete
  3. Your new mug looks awesome, and your macaroni salad sounds very creative & tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll prob be doing more mac salads in the next couple of months! They are 'cheap eats' LOL

      Delete
  4. Love the mug! And yum on the macaroni salad, sounds like a fun remix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't posted the other mugs I grabbed!

      Delete