Thursday, May 18, 2017

When In Doubt...DIP It OUT!

Sometime life gets in the way!  Lately - life has been getting in the way A LOT!  So sorry!  Just another quick post to say HELLO in the meantime!  Food has been uninspiring as of late.  I have been eating out a lot which has been a lot of salads, wraps, and such.  When I am home I have been so lazy.  I haven't wanted to do much around the house with the little time I have or am there.  Recently I busted out these Birds Nests and instead of having the soy based sauce that came along with it I wanted something creamy so I did a basic Cashew Sauce.


The Cashew Sauce was basically Cashews, Water, Onion, Garlic, Black Sea Salt, Nutritional Yeast.

When I have been home I tend to being throwing anything and everything into a wrap or burritos still.  Yes - I have been on a kick!  I ran into Aldi and grabbed 3 items.  My total was $3.99.  I grabbed an Avocado for 99 cents (which is high for Aldi but not as expensive as the $1.50 to $2.50 I have seen in other places) and I had to do something about my Avocado Craving (it was at an all time high)!  I also bought  Wheat Wraps and Mango Salsa!  In my freezer I still had TJ's Organic corn and spinach!  This combo was AMAZING!  It was both sweet and savory!  YUM!  Plus I was able to include greens!  And there were black beans in the salsa, too!  Greens, Beans, Fruit, Veggies, YUM!



Last week I finally busted into those Carrot and Potato fries!  They were pretty good but I like the Broccoli and Potato even more!  For the dipping sauce for these I did a Vegan Aioli!

3 T TJ's Vegan Mayo Spread
1 T TJ's Tahini
1 tea Minced Garlic
Liquid Smoke to taste
Lemon Juice to taste
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste

8 comments:

  1. The Birds Nests & Carrot Fries both look GREAT! Do you have a recipe : ) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were both store bought. The Nests were Trader Joe's and the Carrot Fries were from Wegman's but I can't remember the brand.

      Delete
  2. All of your dips look drool worthy as usual! I've never tried mayo and tahini together, sounds really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I have either prior to this attempt but it seemed to work well!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh that cashew dip must have been amazing with the birds nests! Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good base. Easy to flavor it up from there. Endless possibilities!

      Delete
  4. I hear you on life being crazy! The bird nests and fries look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My freezer comfort foods are next to nil now...need to find more! LOL

      Delete