Monday, March 20, 2017

Random Leftovers & Sauces & Wraps

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!  The weather here certainly was more pleasant than the earlier part of the week was.  I'm hoping the snow is done and over with for this winter and we can continue on with your adventure of SPRING!

My post today will be a little all over the place.  I've been eating some strange food combos but everything has turned out pretty YUMMY!  I want to be sure I am not wasting food and using what I have before buying much more.  So far this has been going well.  I'm on a bit of a wrap kick but more on that shortly.

First I need to share with you one of the new dips I created last night.  It's a vegan version of a pink sauce that I saw on Giada.  It was on at DH's Grandmothers yesterday and I knew I could do a vegan version of it fairly easily!


Here is what I did for the vegan version I made...

1 C Vegan Mayo
4 or 5 Mini Sweet Red Peppers (or 2 Medium)
1 T Minced Garlic
2 T Lemon Juice
Sprinkle of Smoked Paprika

It was pretty YUMMY but next time I will be adding more sweet red bell peppers and more garlic!  Because that's the way I roll!

The veggies pictured in the first photo were left over from DH's Grandmothers House...we had a belated birthday for both him and I as our birthdays are only 6 days apart.  I treated myself to a Daiya Pizza and So Delicious Mint Chocolate Ice Cream (both vegan, of course)

The other night I had Vegan Mac & Cheese.  You have probably seen a LOT of Vegan Cheese Sauces I have done here on my blog so I figured I would share yet another one with you!

This one is a Nut-Free Version

2 Mini Red Bell Peppers
1/4 C Lemon Juice
3/4 C Nutritional Yeast
3/4 C Tahini
2 T Minced Garlic
1/2 C Water
1 Squirt of Yellow Mustard
Black Himalayan Sea Salt to taste




Now on to the leftovers, eh!?

I had a very little bit of my Tater Tot Casserole that I froze.  I threw that on top of the stove along with some corn and some leftover tofu cubes.  I took a wrap and warmed it up with a slice of Daiya on it - enough to melt it.  Then I threw the rest of the warm ingredients on top of that and made a wrap!  But not before adding about a tablespoon of salsa on top!

This was super YUMMY and certainly a comfort food for the WIN!

 Like I said I have been on a wrap kick lately so here is another I did.  This is a Vegan Breakfast Wrap.  My main goal here was to use multi-colored baby potatoes I bought at Aldi's not too long ago but needed to start using SOON as well as finish up the Daiya Shreds I had on hand.  Mission Accomplished!  Let me tell you what is in this one, shall I?

Leftover Cubed Tofu
Leftover Corn
White & Purple Mini Potatoes
Daiya Shreds

I also threw in some Egg Trick Seasoning that I had leftover from when I did my Egg Trick Bagel last week!  This worked out VERY WELL!  It was tasty!

8 comments:

  1. That vegan pink sauce looks really tasty! You come up with some really great dips!
    Wraps are wonderful. I love that you can kind of throw whatever you have laying around and it usually tastes excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I immediately thought of you when I made this dip! I think it would be ideal for your fries/potato wedges!!!!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh yum!!! Your breakfast wrap looks seriously incredibly. Breakfast wraps are pretty much one of my favorite things ever and that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more Breakfast Wraps in my life! I think those are something I can get behind! LOL

      Delete
  3. Everything looks great. My daughter has a cold. I keep telling her she needs to eat more like myself and she won't get sick. She does eat healthy, but I do toss in a lot of things she won't touch. Like my green juices, that aren't sweet or the various cleansing practices I incorporate into my life, such as saunas and enemas.

    Tonight, I'm making a lentil soup! Yumalicious and we both love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your daughter is back up to par soon!!!! Looking forward to seeing your soup!

      Delete
  4. Great eats and recipes, thanks! Never used mini sweet peppers in sauces before, but I have a bag of them and need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mini ones were much cheaper here and multi-colored so that's another plus!

      Delete