Wednesday, October 28, 2015

MWM (MidWeek Munchies) & The Winner Is...

It's MWM Time!  That's right...MidWeek Munchies!  But first I would like to say CONGRATS to the winner of the Chocolate Raw Meal from Garden of Life!  The winner is...Katherine!

CONGRATS!  I dropped you an email - if you would like to send me a response with your info I will let GoL know and they will send you your prize!


Now here are some of the goodies I would like to share this week for MidWeek Munchies!  Remember...you can link up anything VEGAN!  Whether it's a farmer's market or grocery store haul, online purchase, something that someone gifted you, a new vegan product find, vegan munchies that you made at home this week, or a edible vegan product review!  Let's see them!

I've blogged before about a few things I have tried from Awesome Foods and I am waiting on some more of their items to arrive including Herb Flax Crackers, Zesty Tomato Flax Crackers, Quinoa Crackers, and Poppadom Chips.  Also on my list to receive this week in the mail are raw almonds, Dark Agave Syrup, a few organic pastas, some Maple & Cinnamon Flax Snackers from Foods Alive, from Alive & Radiant 3 different types of Kale Chips that I have had before and LOVED, and from Living Nutz Pesto Walnuts, Mayan Chili Pistachios, and Vanilla Bean Coconut Creme Walnuts.


I've finally pulled the trigger on all 4 Atlantic Seaweeds, too!  There is Dulse, Kelp, Wakame, and Sweet Kelp!  I would like to start incorporating more of these in my dishes.  I'm assuming I will use them more as a crumble for a more savory flavor in things.

Question of the day:

What are some non-traditional ways you use these seaweeds?

Now it's YOUR Turn...show me what you have for this week's MidWeek Munchies by linking up below!



21 comments:

  1. I love those seaweed packs! I use them on salads or in soups as well as just eating them straight out of the package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have had the sweet kelp YET but looking forward to them!

      Delete
  2. I have to admit I don't use seaweed as often as I would like. I have some for making sushi, but that's pretty traditional! Plus, my rolling needs some practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My rolling does, too! :) I was watching TannyRaw and she uses seaweeds as her 'salt' I think that makes sense on many levels because you are getting nutrients, too!

      Delete
  3. Mm, I adore seaweeds of all sorts. I love adding them to savory oatmeal to make it into a sort of Asian-inspired congee, along with mushrooms, sesame seeds, and baked tofu. It's a really comforting one-bowl meal for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I will have to look into Asian-inspired Congee! Thanks! Great ideas!

      Delete
  4. These are all amazing recommendations! I've written some down for my next trip to the grocery store. Thank you!<3

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheesePapas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to hear about you picks, too!

      Delete
  5. How fun on the seaweed packs, probably great for grain dishes and soups. They're great to just snack on too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It's FUN! Breaks up the week! LOVE seeing what others post!!!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Jennifer, I love all the different seaweeds you can now buy, I would use them in vegan "fish" cakes or a breaded tofu slice. They're also great in soups as a flavouring and crushed and sprinkled on salads. Then of course there is vegan sushi, my favourite combo is avocado, grated carrot and shredded lettuce. Looking forward to the next mid week munchies post :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - your munchies look fun! I haven't tried that seaweed yet, I'll have to track some down =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the sea snax I think you might like those :) They are small and convenient and travel well!

      Delete
  9. My girl loves seaweed. Not sure what she munches, I think it's Japanese. Maybe I can blog abut it one of these days. She also uses another brand to wrap the sushis she makes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool that you're running a blog party now :-) Will have to get organised in the future and join in!
    I love to use various seaweeds in beanpatties to make them a bit fishy! They work really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of the seaweeds in bean patties! Thanks! And YES!! Jump in at any time! We'd love to have you!

      Delete
  11. Hi Jennifer,
    As always, I love you Midweek Munchie hauls. I include seaweed in my diet daily. I add it to soups and stews as well as rice and veggie bowls. It's so healthy! I am delighted that you shared your healthy and delicious vegan products with us on the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I appreciate it. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete