Tuesday, August 26, 2014

No! My Dear Paco!

This morning I took Paco into the vet for what I thought was a rash and instead he was diagnosed with Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia.  He's at the vet until Thursday to be monitored closely.  It's critical that he doesn't get injured in any way.  He's platelets are currently at 9...which is REALLY low...near nil.  This is terrifying me!  He's only 3 years old!  He's been acting completely fine.  No other symptoms other than the red dots on his hips.  From what I have read 20 to 40 percent of IMHA dogs either die from the disease or the treatments that may or may not cause clotting.  I'm in complete shock about this.  I feel like I got hit with a mack truck.  I just want him to be home on my lap.  PLEASE send any prayers/thoughts/vibes my way!  I would appreciate it.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear Paco is sick! I feel like I know him - since I see his pictures & hear stories of him so often here. I'll pray for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this, sending good vides for Paco! I hope he can come home soon and be with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I'm a complete wreck! And this only days after Riley went in for a removal...sigh...

      Delete
  3. Sending warm wishes your way - hope you have found out earlier enough to be able to manage the disease - sounds very stressful. Your home must feel very strange without him so I hope he is back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it was a strange night without him - that's for sure! The more and more I am reading about this disease - I feel he will have a long recovery even if he's able to beat it. Thanks for your warm wishes! They mean a lot :)

      Delete
  4. Praying for you and your sweet Paco. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Opal! Means a lot! I just posted another entry about everything :)

      Delete