Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Farro Lentil Dish

I was going to post about this yesterday but already had two blogging entries.  So - why not today, eh!?  This is the Farro Lentil Dish I came up with that I ate for my lunch yesterday.  I ended up making extra Farro as well as some Lentils that were pre-packaged from Trader Joe's the last time I went.  All you had to do with them is put them in the microwave or on the stove-top for a few minutes.  I only used 5 ingredients in this dish but I think I had it figured out that it was roughly 30 to 34 grams of protein in this...yet another dish to prove those nay-sayers wrong that vegetarians and vegans can't get enough protein, eh!?  Here's what's in this dish:

1 C Farro, Cooked
1 C Lentils, Cooked
1 C Zuke in Tomato Sauce
2 tea Wildtree "Everything Blend" (More on this below)
2 T Pine Nuts

Inspired by the ubiquitous “everything” bagel, this blend can now be applied to, well, everything! Use as a coating for fish, flavor pretzels, or mix it into butter to make a unique everything spice garlic bread!
 
Of course you won't be seeing any 'fish' here on my blog...but you WILL be seeing other ways to use this product that goes along with my vegetarian/vegan lifestyle.  This product does have a speck of sea salt in it and as many of you know I'm not usually one to add "salt" to my foods but it worked well here probably because it complimented and didn't overpower the other flavors.
 
This Wildtree Product includes the following ingredients:
Sesame Seeds
Sea Salt
Poppy Seeds
Onion
Caraway Seeds
Garlic

Each ingredient is organic is at has the new(er) Wildtree Organic Label right on there!  I will be trying to use this more in my dishes and post them here for all to see.  If you would like to order this product on my website it's only $8.50 and a very little bit goes a long way!  I would say 1/2 tea to 1 tea is all you need at a time but it DOES come in a shaker top so  you can add as much or as little as you want.

I will have at least 1 more blog entry today so be sure to visit again soon!

12 comments:

  1. I have a bag of farro in the pantry that I haven't used yet and now you've inspired me to try it!
    I love multi-purpose spice blends like that - sounds very similar to the ones that I sell too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones do you sell? With the Farro - I also LOVE Sundried Tomatoes with it! I posted about that a while back. If you search my blog for Farro it should pop up :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks I will check to find the tomatoes too.
      I sell an Australian range called Your Inspiration at Home. I think they have just started to sell in the US too.

      Delete
    3. I'll have to Google that company! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great, I adore spice blends for salads, quinoa, and just about anything! And that one sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! One of these days I hope to do some 'care packages' to some blogging buddies and send them some goodies that would include some Wildtree Samples, I think! Of course you would be on that list :)

      Delete
  3. I just cooked my own creation - vegetarian fried nice. Nice! Will blog about it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the blog post! I should be over later today or tomorrow! Yesterday was CRAZY here!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jennifer,
    I am delighted that you shared this farro recipe with us at the Plant Based Potluck Party. I actually have not cooked farro before so this recipe will prompt me to try it. Of course, I can't wait to get some of that Wildtree Spice Blend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which state are you located in, Deborah? Just curious! I think you would LOVE Wildtree! Thanks for the feedback on the dish, too!

      Delete
  5. Sounds great. I love lentils! They are so yummy. The spice blend sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm getting more and more into this spice blend. I LOVE the 'seeds' - it's so easy to add a sprinkle to just about anything for a little extra nutrition and flavor! As well as CRUNCH :)

      Delete