Monday, March 3, 2014

Rawish Vegan Chedda Cheese Sauce, Re-Organizing, Sprouting, & Kitchens

I'm so excited!  I received my Vitamix Turbo VS on Friday.  Since we were "Wildtree-ing" it on Saturday I wasn't able to experiment with it until Sunday.  But when I was able to - I ran with it!  We watched the DVD that came with the Vitamix and I was so excited I also got a UNcookbook and Nut Milk Bag along with it!  I made a Smoothie for my husband that had dairy ice cream in it (he's far from veg) and for me I did Almond Milk and Frozen Raspberries and it was GREAT!  Later in the evening I made this Chedda Sauce - which was a recipe that was featured in the book that came with it but I tweaked it a bit.  Here's what's in this sauce...
3/4 C Pine Nnuts
1/2 C Sunflower Seeds
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 T Lemon Juice
2 T Nutritional Yeast
1 Clove Garlic
2 tea Bragg's Liquid Aminos

With the few things I have done with my new Vitamix so far I have noticed a few things I want to point out!  One...when doing seeded fruit smoothies - in other blenders - even with my Ninja's - you get each seed IN the smoothie.  With the Vitamix - there are very few seeds to deal with.  Two...with the 'cheese' sauce - no trace of nuts - or chunks - completely smooth!  Even fluffy!  Getting use to the variation and speed increases is the only real difference - that and having the handy tamper.  I was nervous about running it too long but apparently that's the best part!  I just have to remember it was designed for things like these!

Another thing I have been up to lately...Sprouting!  I mentioned that last week and just took these little sprouts out last night!  Aren't they wonderful?  The ones pictured here are Red Clover Sprouts.  Last night I started soaking more.  This time around I am doing a blend - a 3 part salad mix - of Radish, Alfalfa, and broccoli sprouts.  This was one of the blends from my Green Sprout Kit that I blogged about last year.  My goal is to start another different one mid week.  I will keep you posted on that!

Last night I moved these and other items that I had out on my counter top into a cool, dark place...a kitchen cabinet...above my larger freezer.  My Ninja's were there.  I ended up moving my Ninja's up a shelf and added these items to the existing shelf.  I am the type of person that needs to SEE everything or I will not use it.  I had refrained from doing this for that reason.  My husband is the opposite and I know it drove him NUTS so I finally decided to move these items out of site.  So now there is a nice chunk of the counter top that is free again.  I think I will use it for herbs and sprouting.  Tonight I will be working on another nook of the kitchen as well.

12 comments:

  1. That sauce looks spectacular! : )

    I'm with you, organizationally speaking - If I can't see it, I forget I have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! The sauce is almost gone actually! It was tasty! So far so good with those few items in that cabinet :)

      Delete
  2. The cheese sauce looks awesome!!!!
    So lucky to have a vitamix!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got mine! I won it! Woot! So excited!!!!!

      Delete
  3. So exciting on the Vitamix, that's awesome! The sauce looks great! Agreed on seeing everything, but I also don't like cluttered counter tops - go figure. :-P So I'm always re-organizing the pantry to keep things visible and a good mental inventory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have already filled up that empty spot with sprouts :) More on that today!

      Delete
  4. I couldn't live without my vitamix! So glad you're enjoying yours! I'm new to your site. Popping over from Plant Based Potluck Party Link Up. I'd LOVE for you to share this at Raw Foods Thursdays as well. Hope to see you there!

    http://www.glutenfreecat.com/2014/03/raw-foods-thursdays-3614/

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! I will FOR SURE check out and participate in Raw Food Thursdays! I have been wanting to find more Raw Food Memes!!!! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  5. Your cheese sauce sounds SO GOOD! I love how you call it rawish ;p Fun!
    Ooh I need to get into sprouting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should sprout! I need more Sprouting buddies!

      Delete
  6. This sounds super delicious and creamy! Missing cheese is the worst and I love finding recipes like yours! Sharing it on FB and Pinterest. Thanks for sharing at Raw Foods Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, comment, and feedback! I'm so glad you are doing a Raw Weekly Meme! I'll be back for sure!

      Delete