Monday, July 8, 2013

Live The Life You Love, Gratitude, Volunteering, and Fun


A while back I wrote about bringing up more and more things I am thankful for, showing my gratitude, trying my hardest to be happier and less stressed, and how I try and keep this blog more of a POSITIVE Place.

Looking back over the last few weeks there have been many things I have wanted to share and I intend to.  It's been on-the-go for a while now and here are a few reasons as to why...

The last Saturday of June - our county fair had their 1st Annual Car Show.  They were doing it as a fundraiser.  My husband is a board member of theirs and we attended it.  He M.C.'ed and we brought our car but didn't register or official show it.  His uncle brought his newer Corvette, too!  It's the one in the background. 

Along with his uncle and cousin we helped with the running and announcing as well as prizes.  The Cafe their debuted at last years fair was open and did well!  It was a nice event especially for the first year.  They had about 98 vehicles and I am told more that were not registered.  I've actually been spending more and more time at the fair grounds.  Usually I would let my husband do what he did  year-round and I would go the week of fair.  This year I have been there several times already.  I've gone to help him with the Pavilion - where they have the concerts and other things the week of fair - getting it cleaned and ready not only for Fair Week - but for a few other events they are holding on the grounds, this year, too!

Here's a photo of some of the barns at the fair.  My husband, his uncle, and cousin recently helped repaint a few of them. 

This isn't too fair from the Pavilion.  This year I hope to take some photos of the animals from these 'mom and pop' farms. 

Even tho the weather has been very wet this summer and we have been getting a lot of rain - I sure am happy about the time of the year!  I LOVE summer!  Of course I think it's 'going too fast' but I am grateful for it!

I'm also grateful for my new(er) Bob Marley T-Shirt that my Dad got me a while back.  This is a self photo while I am wearing it so it's not the clearest but I LOVE the font and quote.  I also LOVE the old football (Soccer) photo they used in this print! 

I never realized until this shirt how much the old "M" Marley Family/Team Logo looked like the McDonalds "M".  I don't think Bob would have liked that too much - at least that is my assumption!

4 comments:

  1. Very true on being thankful, something I need to focus on more when things get crazy. The fair looks like fun! I've been getting invitations from the local EV club to display my car at various events, but have not had enough time - grrr! Love the shirt, too fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear more about your car! I have been looking but they are so expensive here. So I think I will just concentrate on GOOD gas mileage instead of a smart-car type car or hybrid-type

      Delete
  2. "A while back I wrote about bringing up more and more things I am thankful for, showing my gratitude, trying my hardest to be happier and less stressed, and how I try and keep this blog more of a POSITIVE Place."
    Love this! I am striving for this too... having a difficult time doing it today, but this is a great reminder =)
    Is that a picture of your car???? It's a beauty!
    And I love your t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope your day improved yesterday!
      Yup! The yellow one! Thanks! I have another Bob Marley Shirt, too, that I should post soon! Thanks!

      Delete