Thursday, March 7, 2013

Algerian Tomato Soup with Cous Cous & Chips Made Out Of Beans - Stop The Madness!


I have two posts today...be sure to scroll down...there is a LOT more to come!  But for now...it's SOUP TIME!  Algerian Tomato Soup with Cous Cous to be exact!  Here's what's in this soup!

1 C of Cooked Cous Cous
1 Onion
5 Cloves Garlic
1/4 tea Cayenne
>2 tea Coriander
1 tea Curry
1 tea Cinnamon
2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes with liquid (in blender)
4 C Water
4 tea Wildtree Vegetable Bouillon
4 tea Lemon Juice

This made a HUGE Batch of Soup!  I really liked the kick to it and I really liked the Tomato-y Goodness!  It's something I would make again!  I liked this soup WAY better than the Algerian Carrots from earlier this week!  

 Another thing I wanted to mention in this post is I've been on a Bean Chip Kick lately!  I'll start off with these UNSALTED ones from Beanfield's!  They are Bean and Rice Chips and they are delicious!  I have many of their other flavors to share with you in the coming weeks, too!

Here's what their website says about these chips!
 
Great Taste First
At Beanfields your snacking enjoyment comes first–that's the whole point of snacking! So we make sure our chips are delicious. They're made with black and navy beans and long grain rice, and cooked in high-quality safflower or sunflower oil, giving them a great taste and distinctive crunch.

4 Grams of Complete Protein and Fiber
Beanfields chips give you important nutrition your body needs. A one ounce serving has 4 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber—twice as much as most other tortilla chips, corn chips, or potato chips. Beanfields are tasty snacks you can feel good about giving your family!

All of our Corn Free Bean & Rice Tortilla Chips are verified to be free of any genetically-modified organisms (non-GMO) and have received the prestigious Non-GMO Verification awarded by the Non-GMO Project!
As for my thoughts on their NO SALT Flavor...they are great!  I'm not usually a fan of salt so this is right up my alley!  they are a little drier than the other flavors but you can really taste the bean in the chips this way and I really like that!

The Bean/Rice Combo provide a nice texture an wholesomeness to it!  They are sturdy and thick and a good dipping chip!  See if you can find these WINNERS in your area!  They are WORTH it!

4 comments:

  1. You are on a roll today, love it! And the soup looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! It's FUN to be busy! LOL

      Delete
  2. Yesterday afternoon, I made tomato soup for my daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like straight-up Tomato Soup, too! This was different but tasty! I had it for dinner last night, too!

      Delete