Saturday, January 5, 2013

Calf and Ankle Strength

A long while ago I had a post about Building Knee Strength for a friend.  The past month or so I have been having problems with my (left) ankle and calf muscles.  It's driving me nuts but I don't want to go to a doctor - for several reasons I don't care to get into at the moment - and really want to try and fix the problem myself.

So I have been doing a lot of research - and if you know of any other sources let me know - Knowledge IS Power - after all - and I saw THIS SITE that gained my interest.  It gave me more ideas that 'your average stretches' that I have already been doing and will continue to do.  I also found their entry on building arch support interesting.

I have been exercising - gently - and will continue to do so.  I feel better when I am moving, walking, stretching, etc., but because 'my living' is made sitting in front of a computer I must do what I must do, right!?

BUT...I can make that little steps, building muscle and knowledge when and where I can.

I also like what THIS PAGE has to say and am adding a few exercises to my daily stretches.

There are more, too, like the runners stretch - eventho I am FAR from a runner, various Yoga stretches, and wall-assisted ones I am doing on a daily basis.

I just have an annoying ache and there is no real rhyme or reason to it.  This COLD WEATHER cannot be helping, either, and DH keeps saying it's because I'm getting older but I will not accept that.  I want it to get better and I want to improve.  Not only the way it functions and feels but my circulation in my legs BECAUSE I sit at a desk a lot, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment