Monday, September 24, 2012

Quinoa with Tomatoes, Corn, and Zukes

I have been going to the library WAY TOO MUCH LATELY!!!  BUT...it DOES get me out of the office, LEARNING, and on the move...so it's GOOD!

Last week one of the many books I looked into was LOVE SOUP by Anna Thomas.

This dish was originally inspired by one of her recipes, alto, it's not a soup that I ended up with...it was a mighty-fine starting point, tho!  I guess that is what happens when you stray from the recipes - you get to create your own off-shoot!

Quinoa with Tomatoes, Corn, & Zukes!

1 C Quinoa (doubles - at least - when cooked)
1 Super Large Tomato
1 Large Zuke
2-3 T Wildtree Grapeseed Oil - Natural
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2-3/4 C Frozen (or Fresh) Corn
1/4 Large Candy (Dandy) Onion
Fresh or Dried Basil to taste
2 tea Wildtree Garlic Galore Blend
Splash of Wildtree European Balsamic 

Instead of a soup - this was more of a warm Quinoa Salad.  This made a TON and I had a small dish last night and brought a good portion for my lunch today.  I have enough for at least 2 nice-sized meals still, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment