Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Sprouted Buckwheat Groats! (Recipe, too!)

Last week I attempted to sprout Buckwheat Groats!  I only soaked them for about a half hour and then rinsed and such for a day or two.  The "sprouts" are barely there but it was still FUN.

I was trying to think of something to do with them after that.  Yeah...my brain works kind of backwards sometimes! Anyhow, I saw a YouTube Video (that I am unable to located now, sorry!) with a recipe idea and I tweaked it a bit.  Here is what I did...

I bought some raw Sunflower seeds and soaked them overnight.

Sprouted Buckwheat Groats
Raw, Soaked Sunflowers
Sweet Red Bell Pepper - diced
Parsley and/or Cilantro to taste
Juice of 1 Meyer Lemon

This was really tasty!  It was nutty, fruity, and grainy.  It was sweet and hearty, too!

I had a few leftover sunflower seeds so I tried sprouting them.  They did sprout but the outside didn't look the prettiest so I wasn't sure about that...lol...

I was overly pleased with my attempt on this dish because I am usually domestically challenged.  It was easy and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment