Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kale Chips

I haven't used my dehydrator in far too long...I decided to bust it out...give it a good washing, today, and make some Kale Chips!

I took a few handfuls/stalks of kale and broke them apart into smaller pieces

I added:
1 T Wildtree European Dipping Oil - Garlic
1/4 C of Nutritional Yeast *
1/3 C of Water

and used my hands to mix well - absorbing all of the liquid - the coating was paste-like or almost like a dressing of sorts.

I'm waiting for them to do-their-thing in the dehydrator...about 4 to 6 hours at 115.

* I realize Nutritional Yeast isn't raw in itself but have seen it used in raw recipes. If you do not eat nutritional yeast you can omit it. I saw other recipes where cashews were used in a similar way in a blender with the oil and water and used in the mix, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment