Saturday, October 21, 2017

Worth A Re-Visit Thanks To Their New Vegan Smoked Gouda!

It's been a few years since I last purchased vegan cheese from Follow Your Heart.  Probably even before I went vegan, actually.  I have to say I wasn't fond of their vegan cheeses.  So that - in short - is why I haven't bought them again...UNTIL NOW...

Many of my blogging buddies who have been lucky enough to locate Daiya's Smoked Gouda and have blogged about had me craving it.  I thought maybe if anyone had it - it would be the brand new Whole Foods Market in Buffalo.  But, Nope!

So...I when I saw they had this smoked gouda from FYH I thought I would 'settle' for it.  Well, color me SURPRISED!  It's flippin' fabulous!  Now I want to go out and grab all of the other Follow Your Heart Sliced Vegan Cheeses I come across to see what I have been missing!

They must have really upped their game the last few years because I don't remember having a positive encounter before.  Glad I stepped outside my comfort zone and paid them a re-visit!

A funny addition to this story is that DH mistakenly opened MY VEGAN CHEESE and ate TWO SLICES out of it before I did!  When I went to use it for the first time and noticed the package was open I asked him about it and he said that he didn't know it was mine.  I totally believe him because he always poo-poo's my stuff.  I said to him...well, it must have been good if you didn't complain about it.  He said that he didn't notice...so...I'll chalk that up as a WIN in the vegan cheese category!

12 comments:

  1. Exact same experience with FYH cheese here, so clearly I need to get my hands on this stuff ASAP! I can say that their new parmesan shreds are certainly on point. Such an exciting time to be vegan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only person with these thoughts/feelings on FYH. I'll have to keep an eye out for their parm!

      Delete
  2. I couldn't stand FYH vegan block cheese, and still don't care for them. But their vegan slices are game changing! The American slices are amazing alone or on vegan burgers!!
    That so cool that your hubby ate them and didn't notice the difference!! Amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and grab the American Slices next time I see them! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  3. We only get the FYH shreds here, which I actually prefer to the Daiya ones. I would really like to be able to try some of their other cheeses. Hopefully they will get here one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a lot of choice regarding vegan cheeses nowadays. If this one got mistaken for dairy cheese, then it must be pretty good! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time - no see! Thanks for stopping by again! I'll be over to your place, soon! If you are back blogging again - I will add you to my sidebar!

      I agree with you on the vegan cheese - for sure!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, I must find this soon because I'm obsessed with smokey flavors now - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not an intense smokey flavor but a nice hint

      Delete
  6. haha sounds like my friend. She made a big batch of vegan mac and cheese and it mysteriously disappeared one night. Turned out her brother ate a bunch in the middle of the night, totally unaware it was vegan XD

    I was able to find the gouda daiya at Wegmans, I don't know if your location has it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome about the vegan mac and it disappearing in the middle of the night! LOL

      So far the Wegman's locations I have been to don't have it YET...sigh...

      Delete