Monday, April 24, 2017

Another Day - Another Dip!


This past weekend was weird.  I was OFF.  I couldn't really tell you WHY I was OFF I was just...OFF!  One of the things that happened hasn't happened to me in 20 years.  Apparently I had an asthma attack.  Scared the crap out of me.  Just when I think I have won a personal battle something else seems to pop up!  My sleep is getting better.  I was able to FINALLY sleep in bed - haven't done that in YEARS so that is pretty awesome!  I was able to get many of my aches and pains under control - so I'm thrilled about that!  Next up I am going to try and lose a couple of pounds - I think!  Between getting a bit lazy and going with convenience items and winter weather and not moving around much I have gained more than I am comfortable with.  So that's my next mini goal.  I will be doing more salads, soups, RAW Foods, etc.  I think I gained weight because I wasn't preparing almost 100% of my own foods and dropped back into vegan convenience items - as well as NOT doing as many RAW FOODS like I was prior to last year.

Anyhow...today the only photo I have to share with you is the one you see above!  Not overly exciting but it's a Cashew Cilantro Dip that I made for the Broccoli Potato Fries I found a while back.  They were pretty YUMMY and they almost tasted CHEESY but they were clearly marked VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE!

Cashew Cilantro Dip & Salad Dressing

1 C Cashews
1/2 C Water
2 T Lemon Juice
1/4 C Cilantro
1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 t Wildtree Garlic Galore (or Minced Garlic)
1 Powerful Squirt of Dijon Mustard
Pinch Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Optional Sprinkle on top Smoked Paprika 

Everything in the high speed blender.  It was a little thin but after refrigerating for a while it thickens naturally.  This is also a great Salad Dressing, too!

I had a few kitchen fails over the weekend, too, or else I would have posted more.  I am not giving up on the cracker appetizer!  I am going to experiment with them more and if I can get them to where I want them I will post about them at a later date!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry about the off weekend, glad you're sleeping better. I need to clean my diet up a bit after our LA trip for sure, ha! And this dressing/dip sounds wonderful, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was a MUCH better day! Looking forward to more positive changes!

      Delete
  2. Hope things are felling better and more on. Your dip sounds amazing as usual. Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs!!
    And that's great news that your sleep is improving!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good - ok start to the week! Cilantro is one of those ingredients that people either love or hate. I, for one, enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I'm sorry that you were not feeling your best this weekend and that you had an asthma attack! How scary! I'm glad your sleep is improving though!

    That dip sounds incredible!! I'm not a huge cilantro fan but I bet it would be great with dill too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy cilantro but I do ADORE Dill!!!! I bet it would be a great addition to this!

      Delete
  4. The asthma attack certainly sounds scary! Hope you had an inhaler handy.

    You sure love creating Dips and Dressings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...no inhaler! Haven't needed one in 20 years! And now they don't sell them over the counter without a prescription, apparently. YIKES!

      Delete