Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Accountability...


I know I have been pretty spotty with blogging as of late.

First and foremost by NOT blogging almost daily like I used to here at My Blissful Journey I have become LAZY in many areas of my life.  I have noticed that this blog has given me ACCOUNTABILITY above all else.  I NEED to get back to doing that.

The last year or more I have battled with Sciatica and was able to control it with the research I have done and noting it here.  If needed I will go to a Chiropractor but I haven't done that in like 2 years.

It's been a full year now...I trashed my contacts and switched back to glasses.  It took a LONG time to get used to them again but I was FINALLY able to.

I am now focusing on something else.  I have dealt with other issues...why NOT this?  I don't know if I am ready to 'come clean' on what is bothering me but I do know that this blog is a good why to do that.  I do know about several steps I am already taking to see if they help my aches and pains.

I would like to be better about reporting here on my blog about the steps I am taking.  It will give me accountability.  There are many things in life I am horrible at.  One thing has always been taking 'pills'.  In my case I have started taking B-Complex/B-12 again.  I haven't done this since I was 15.  It will be hard for me to do.  I will do it for a few days and then stop.  I MUST be better about this.

I don't often eat breakfast.
I know this is HUGE but I have never been a breakfast person.  Again...I will get going with a few days of a breakfast and then stop...whether it is because I ran out of time in the morning or because I don't have much to choose from in the house...or I just don't want to.
I NEED...no...I MUST be better about this.

I hate bananas!
I know I have said this MANY times here on my blog.
I want to like them...I do.  I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.  I was finally able to add up to 1/2 banana in my smoothies but I feel incorporating bananas into my diet MORE will certainly help with my overall pain.  I know that Avocados are great for this, too, but they are SO EXPENSIVE where I life.  I grab them when I can but it hasn't been to often lately.  

MORE WALKING.
What a horrible time for me to want to try and do this, eh!?  In the middle of winter - in the snow belt!
I'm going to try and be better about this...perhaps I will try and visit a nearby nearly abandoned mall and try and walk there.  Time will tell.

I know - this whole blog entry has been one HUGE blab-fest!  I just felt like I needed to get it out of my system.  Over the next weeks and months perhaps I will open up more about my thoughts and feelings but I am hoping by then my efforts will prove some overall improvements and it won't be as much of an issue.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you're back and hope you keep updating! So sorry about the challenges, writing regularly does help. I'm the same way with B12, I sporadically add B12 liquid drops to smoothies and/or take a pill supplement. Good thing our bodies can store it for up to 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement and support! It's good to know that it's ok to need or want to add B/12...sometimes I don't want to bring it up because other veggies say it's not needed...I don't think it usually is if everyone has perfect conditions, surroundings, arrangements, pocket books but that doesn't always happen LOL

      Delete
  2. Sorry you've been having such a rough year! I'm always glad to see a new post from you. I don't know if you have space/privacy for this, but when I lived in Erie in the winter, I did a lot of walk from home workout videos. There are tons walking workouts on YouTube. They were really great for those way too cold days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is I just HATE being cold LOL :) I will certainly look into them tho :) Thanks for your ongoing support! I'm so happy to see you! I was worried with the last few posts I saw of yours!

      Delete