Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Stocking Up on The Raw Food World

YAY!  Happy Mail!  Today I received my box of goodies from The Raw Food World and here's what I got in my most recent shipment from them.

I've been a little addicted to Raw Recipe and Raw Books lately so I decided to stock up on them.  I have been a fan of Ani's for a while and decided to get two more of her books including Ani's Raw Food Asia and Ani's Raw Food Kitchen.  I already have her Essentials one.  Then I noticed The World Goes Raw Cookbook and grabbed that one, too!  I think this will be my first encounter with Lisa Mann.  Looking forward to it!

Then I have had my eye on Raw Food Revolution so I finally decided to get that book, too!  Also in this last shipment I got Raw & Simple and Soak Your Nuts - Cleansing with Karyn.  I remember thumbing thru Karyn's book a while back while seeing it in a store and I regretted not getting it. 

I joined the GoodReads App a while back...I guess it was in 2012...but I have been using it an awful lot lately to take not of what books I have been reading.  Mostly Vegan, Raw, and Health related books with some journals/dairies, and books of poetry mixed in. 

And since I have been contributing to The Raw Food World's NEWS Site the last several months and chatting with Matt Monarch I wanted to make sure I added Matt and Angela's books to my collection...so...you will see I finally did that in this last order/shipment!  I can't wait to jump in - but - I have been getting behind the last several months.  So I have decided to PUSH MYSELF and join a Book Challenge on the GoodReads App.  You can see my progress on there!

Like I said - I am stocking up on some things!  I have been out of my brown rice pasta's for a while now and decided to get the Penne and the Spirals.

They had a few new products that interested me including one you see here in this photo.  Turmeric Wraps!  They are raw and paleo - not that I'm into paleo - but still - thought they sounded cool.  I can't wait to try them!  Plus - anything Turmeric is usually pretty awesome...they have a few others flavors as well so I might get those down the road!


They had great pricing on this brand of Kale Chips so I stocked up on those, too, while I was at it!  I'm gnawing on some of the spicy ones while I am writing this!

You can see that I got some Pine Nut Flakes!  Matt spoke so highly of them that I HAD to try some for myself!  I will keep you posted on my opinions on them, too!  Organic Currants was another item I have in there and can't wait to use them in Smoothie Bowls.  I splurged and bought some Raw Chocolate items, too!  Excited!!!!


And...FINALLY...last...but not least...

I thought I would start testing out Copaiba Oil on myself!  More on that down the road, too!

And I got two rings!  But not just any two rings!  These are pieces from the Andean Gypsy Jewelry Collection over at The Raw Food World!  They were hand made and one-of-a-kind from Gypsies in Matt and Angela's community in Ecuador!  The money from their jewelry sales goes to pay for the Gypsy children's schooling.

I have a lot of LEARNING to do with all of these products and books and I can't wait to jump right in!  If you have any of these items - let me know - and let me know what you think of them!

13 comments:

  1. Those rings are gorgeous and look at all the stuff you've received. It makes me think of what has been coming in to my place over the past few days. I ordered four different clays for the skin, essential oils, and two systems for the skin. I'm so into good skin. I wrote a rambling post about that, not sure what triggered that, but it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was thinking the one ring was a bit too chunky for my short fingers but I'm finding I really like it and have worn it both yesterday and today! I have been having a lot of fun with the books! I even re-did my Raw Book ZONE in my kitchen. I'm getting into the oils more, lately, too! LOVE learning about them!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful rings! And great book selection! I have a lot of those, Ani's book is still one if my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to jump into more Asian Raw Foods SOON :) I'm really loving the rings! SO unique!

      Delete
  3. Such fun stuff! Love the book collection you have going - I have Ani's Raw Kitchen - it's awesome! I'm in love with those tinkyada noodles - they are the only ones I'll eat now ;p
    And those rings are gorgeous =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those noodles are the BEST non-pasta/pasta I have had YET! I took a photo of my Raw Book Shelf at home but the bottom is so dirty I haven't posted it! LOL

      Delete
  4. Tumeric wraps. I wonder what that tastes like. We can get these wraps at our supermarts but they do not come cheap. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried them yet...maybe this weekend or beginning of next week! I am looking forward to them tho!

      Delete
  5. Glad to see back and blogging! I would love to see which of the cookbooks you found the most useful in everyday life. I have a few of those books- and I can't wait to try making more their recipes in the spring/summer when produce is fresh again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome. Never heard of paleo wraps though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to try these THIS WEEK :) I just need stuff to put in them that aren't that bulky!

      Delete
  7. I have a nice collection of raw diet books as well. My favorite one is Vibrant Living, but I just picked up a copy of Live Raw by Mimi Kirk and it is so beautifully-designed and full of great tips and recipes, it is a pleasure to read again and again.Thank you so much for sharing your raw reads and treats with us at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to see about Vibrant Living :) As for the Mimi Kirk Book I read most of it thru our LIbrary but I want to add it to my collection at some point :)

      Delete