Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Quinoa Broccoli Bowl

Sunday I made this dish - as well as others - to get a jump start on my week of foods.  If you scroll down you will see I did a bit of Meal Planning this week.  This specific dish was inspired by Jason Wrobel.  The video of his recipe is at the bottom of this post.  I made a few changes based on what I had in my kitchen.

Instead of 'just' Quinoa I decided to use a Super Grain Blend of white and red Quinoa, Millet, and Buckwheat.  Instead of 'only' broccoli I used Broccoli, Peas (in the pod), and Yellow Bell Peppers.

I had just a very little bit of Daiya Shreds I need to use so it was perfect for this dish because you only use a very little bit.  I did top it with Hemp Seeds and Kale Chips, too!  For the Kale Chips I used a Mexican Flavor that I had on hand...it was perfect because when you get down to the last little bit of Kale Chips in the bag - it's just a bunch of crumbs - so it was ideal!


Here's a closer look at the dish.  It turned out really well!  It was very tasty!  Towards the end of Jason's video when he samples it - he makes a special comment on the 'mouth feels' of the dish and eventho I dislike that phrase - I totally agree with him.

You are probably wondering why I don't like the phrase 'mouth feel'...no reason, really...it just drives me nuts!  It's right up there with "shindig" and "panties" - I can't stand 'em!


Anyhow...here's the original video and recipe from Jason Wrobel himself.  He's so entertaining I really like his YouTube Channel!  I really need more 'bowls' in my life.  Perhaps that will be another mini goal of mine...to make more "bowls" and one pot meals.  Questions of the day...what are some words that drive you NUTS?  What are your favorite 'bowl meals' or 'one pot meals'?


12 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like a really delicious healthy bowl of goodness :) I'm planning to make kale chips this week, as we have grown quite a lot this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Kale was small but tasty and certainly didn't last long! Can't wait to see your pictures from the Kale Chips! What flavor will you make!?

      Delete
  2. Looks great, such a bowl of happy and healthy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to make! I really need to do more bowls like this! I want to do more bean bowls, too!

      Delete
  3. I'm seeing quinoa everywhere; blogposts, facebook... I guess that's my cue to start using some for myself, eh? It's been a while since I used the grain. Later today, I'm making a 2F (second ferment) kombucha with chia seeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, have used it for years! I LOVE it...I see it is getting more trendy - that's cool - and even with non-vegs! I used to go in spurts with it but I have been trying to eat it more regularly the last few years.

      With Chia Seeds? AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to see how that goes!!!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jennifer,
    What could be more satisfying than a Quinoa Broccoli Bowl! That's my kind of meal! I make these several times a week. Thank you so much for sharing this healthy and delicious recipe at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about making more of this because it turned out so good :) I need to make different bowl varieties - that might have to be my goal soon :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Jennifer,
    This Quinoa Broccoli Bowl is like comfort food for me! Thank you so much for sharing this healthy and delicious recipe at the Plant-Based Potluck Party Blog Hop! I am pinning and sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! A very healthy Comfort food :) Thanks so much for the feedback!

      Delete
  6. Yum that looks really delicious and satisfying :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was - I really liked it! I hope to make more like this soon!

      Delete