Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wilson Phillips Concert at Chautauqua

Earlier this month I attended a Wilson Phillips concert.  It was fun!  I went with a friend of mine. 

The concert took place at Chautauqua Institution.
  

Chautauqua Institution is a non-profit adult education center and summer resort located on 750 acres in Chautauqua, New York, 17 miles northwest of Jamestown in the western part of New York State. The Chautauqua Institution Historic District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and was further designated a National Historic Landmark.

I was a fan when they first came out in the early 90s and still enjoy their music today.  I really like their harmonies.  Then again...do you expect any less from the daughters of Beach Boys and Mama's & Papa's?

Speaking of which...they did a set of Beach Boys songs AND a set of Mama's & Papa's tunes, too! 


They did their top hits - of course - and then they did 2 ABBA Songs.  The invited a slew of people up on stage to dance for those two song, too!  My favorite part besides their harmonies were that they had a real connection with each other and you KNEW they were having FUN!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! It was FUN! Wish they had more acts like this at Chautauqua this year but it was slim pickins' - I will be attending 3 concerts next week for work - all country acts - but I mostly work and run during them, too! I'm not much of a country fan but that's ok!

      Delete