Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Over The Weekend...

This past weekend my Mom, Dad, Sister, and I were in Forrestville, NY, at Merritt Winery for their Strawberry Festival.  We were vendors with our Wildtree Products.  This is our 2nd year doing this event and it's our BEST event by far - to date.  It was so much fun!  Saturday was a little cooler - weather wise - but the company and the music was FUN regardless!  Each year they choose a charity to support and this year it benefited the Carol M. Baldwin Foundation.  Carol was the mother of Alec, Daniel, and Billy Baldwin.  On Saturday Daniel Baldwin was there for the festivities.  He was VERY nice!  Here is a photo of my sister and I with him.  My sister told him he had very pretty eyes.  He seemed to be 'tickled' by the compliment.

There were a few good bands there throughout the weekend but the one that everyone really seemed to like was Hootn'Anges.

Here's a photo of my sister, my mom, and I with the band.  They played all sorts of music - not just country music.  They did a great take on "Me & My Bobby McGee" as well as "Cotton Eyed Joe" and "Love Is (What I Got).

I'm told they were recently signed by a label.  I also heard they will be back in the area for the Fall Fest.  They were a FUN band to watch!
Here's a photo of our set-up.  I have LOTS more to post in the coming days...including a wonderfully FUN announcement that I hinted at last week!  I'm so excited!  I will official announce that tomorrow, most likely!

How was your weekend?  How was the weather?  Did you do anything fun or out of the ordinary?

5 comments:

  1. Ooooo...a strawberry festival? I certainly would love that! Ahhhhh!!!! Me & Bobby McGee - one of my all time favourite songs. Janis Joplin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun event! And YES! I LOVE that song, too! Classic!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so great that Spring and NOW Summer is here! I never take warmer weather for granted! It makes us LOVE being outside more! I hope we get an extended Non-Winter Year, too! LOL

      Delete
  3. Strawberry Festival??? Sounds super fun! Wow. And you got to meet some very interesting people. Sounds like a fantastic weekend =)
    I love Cotton Eye Joe haha

    ReplyDelete