Sunday, December 8, 2013

Creamy Vegan Gnocchi Sauce

It's been a LONG time since I last had Gnocchi.  I decided to have some the other night because it's super fast to make.  To go along with it I added some peas and made a very quick and creamy vegan sauce. 

I started by melting less than a 1/4 C of Earth Balance.  I then added about a 1/2 C of Coconut Milk.  I took a few Walnuts and put them in my Grinder to make a powder.  Added a dribble of Wildtree's Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil (not very much at all).  Then put about a teaspoon of GoL's Wheatgrass Perfect Food - all in my Ninja and made this sauce. 

It worked really well.  I was surprised that is was so creamy and even a bit thick without even adding a 'thickener.'

Next I would like to really try and a thicker Pesto Sauce that is more green using GoL Wheatgrass as well!  I hope to do that next week if all goes as planned.  I'm thinking about using Walnuts for that pesto instead of Pine Nuts, too!

4 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! Last time I made gnocchi, it was not quick and I made a huge mess of our kitchen! :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welllllll...I didn't make the Gnocchi from scratch! I bought it and boiled it...lol...I guess that is why it was so quick :) LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh yum... I haven't had gnocchi in forever! I wonder if I could find some gluten-free stuff. Love the sauce!
    *side note - slowly but surely getting caught up on your posts (it's my goal to be caught up by the end of the day! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a brand IONS ago that was gluten free but I can't remember the name...sorry I am not much help there! I will see what I can find tho!

      Thanks...I noticed...and am LOVING it! Thanks so much! Means A LOT :)

      Drop me your email addy one of these days, too! Are you on gmail?

      Delete