Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cranberry Blueberry Smoothie

I've really been rockin' the smoothies lately.  I'm having fun with them.  the Leafy Greens in my area are not looking very healthy these days or I would gladly include them in my smoothies.  I hope this turns around very soon!  I would like to start incorporating Kale, Spinach, and a few others in them.  I will say this one really surprised me tho!  I was asked by a reader recently to do a smoothie without milk or milk alternatives.  As you know I don't use real milk in mine but have been using Almond Milk as well as Coconut, Cashew, Hemp, and other alternatives.

This Cranberry Blueberry Smoothie has none of those in there!  BUT...this is what it DOES have in it...

1 C Organic Cranberry Juice
1/2 C Frozen Blueberries
1/2 Frozen Banana
1/2 Scoop of Garden Of Life's Raw Perfect Food Apple Flavor

I believe I fought off that potential head cold and I'm darn proud for that!  YAY!

I truly believe that foods are healing and also preventative!  I'm sure you know that Cranberries are an amazing food!  They help treat urinary tract infections, they help fight cancer and heart disease, help with kidney and bladder problems, help prevent dental problems, they promote weight loss, they have anti-aging properties, they improve mental health, strengthen immune systems, and relieve skin conditions.

We had some in the house because of the issues my husband has been going thru and I decided to incorporate some into my smoothie this morning.  This smoothie tastes WONDERFUL by the way!

As for the Blueberries...they pack a powerful punch, too!  Blueberries are high in anti-oxidants, they help preserve your vision, help banish belly fat, they are good for bone health, Blueberries help relieve constipation, they are known as a good "brain food", they are Heart Healthy, they are a Cancer Fighter, they help lower blood sugar, and they help with Bladder issues.

Cranberries and Blueberries!  My little fighters for the day!  Paired with a spec of Banana and GoL Apple Flavored Perfect Food...YAY!  

12 comments:

  1. Looks great! Too bad about greens, I love adding kale to smoothies! But this one looks great, I need to try adding both cranberries and blueberries to my next smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried lettuces like Arugula or Romaine? Might have to try those, too! Out of lack of others...eeeek~

      Delete
  2. Cold...but I guess the blended stuff would not taste so nice any other way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I'm a huge fan of berry smoothies too and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yup! I'm getting into them more, too!

      Delete
  4. With all of the amazing benefits of cranberries this smoothie may become my new favorite smoothie! From treating urinary tract infections, to fighting cancer, heart disease, kidney and bladder problems and strengthening the immune systems, there are so many healthy reasons to include cranberries in our diets regularly!
    Thank you so much for sharing this valuable post with us on the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Hop! We sincerely appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting again! You have a wonderful blog! I really enjoy it! And thanks for hosting the hop! I know how much work goes into it :)

      Delete
  5. Excellent recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment, kind words, and visit :)

      Delete
  6. What a festive little smoothie - very pretty! Glad you managed to stave off that head cold girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! This is one of the better colors I have had luck with for Smoothies lately! Very vibrant!

    ReplyDelete