Friday, November 29, 2013

Mixed Media Tag

Since my last post about the tags I have been messing around with I have been trying to fit in more of them.  Today is that day.  I only have one photo to post for this one but I have over 50 tags that I have made already and I hope to post them down the road for all to see! 

For this specific tag I used various things to create the colors you see here.  I used Alcohol Inks, Distress Stains, Tattered Angels Spray, Powdered Chalk, Modge Podge, and Embossing Powders.  For the shiny surface you see I used the Modge Podge on the top layer and then used a heat gun to dry and it melted a little but dried...I king of like that look...might try it again soon! 

My husband wants me to use the tags I have made for Christmas Presents/Tags this year.  I might add a few final touches to those and post at some point.  HAPPY WEEKEND everyone!

6 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful! I've recently begun getting into mixed media art. It's a lot of fun, even though I'm by no means an artist.

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all artists in some way! thanks for the visit and comment! I will try and swing by your place soon!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous and how fun to be able to use them for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did a rich brown stained one last week - It's a flatter color and not a multi-color or texture but it's real rich! I hope to post it soon!

      Delete