Monday, August 1, 2011

Vegan: Texas BBQ Primal Strips

Today I blogging about The Texas BBQ Primal Strips - Visit their website HERE.

I have several Primal Strips Review coming up soon - so please check back often! I'm starting things off with this one! It's The Texas BBQ Flavored Meatless Vegan Jerky Soy!

It's been a while since I have tried any vegan jerky so I'm very happy to do so again! I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of "fake meat" mostly because that was one of my reasons for going veg in the first place - I wasn't a fan of the taste of meat! BUT...I have to say...this is pretty darned tasty! It's BBQ without being too over the top!

It smells fairly smoky but the taste is sweet and smoky along with being a little like soy-sauce but not overly salty...and that's good because I'm not a big salt fan either! The texture is jerky-like without being excessively chewy! The vacuumed-packaged wrapping makes this taste quite fresh!

All-and-all I think the Texas BBQ Primal Strips are a winner! I would certainly gnaw on them from time to time - with a smile on my face!

The sodium content is a bit high but it IS a jerky alternative afterall. This doesn't concern me, really, because my sodium intake isn't very high overall! PLUS...it's lower in sodium than other veg*n Jerky equivalents I have seen in the past.

This has high protein content for just one strip! 10g each as a matter of fact! That's impressive! Other nutritional highlights that you might find interesting is they have 1g of fiber per strip as well as 6% Iron.

The first thing I think of when I look at the Primal Strips is CAMPING and HIKING! They are perfectly packaged for freshness and for on the go! They are easy to open and easy to store or small enough for nearly any compartment for traveling!

They are VEGAN and Gluten Free!

A thumbs-up for my first Primal Strips Experience with many more to come! Stay tuned!!!!
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment