Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blissful "Techie" Journey ~ XM Devices

Just a quick post to let you know that I got a new XM Onyx Device and Kit for my car last week!  Hubby was nice enough to install it while I was at work!  Here is a photo of what it looks like!  It's MUCH different than my old one which I LOVED.  But I figured it was time to finally move on and get a new one because it fit better in and with my new car - my 2013 Fiat - or as I like to call it "The Wonder Buggy."

I've been a XM (Sirius/XM) Subscriber even before the merge of the two companies.  Mostly because I wanted to still enjoy radio without having to listen to the stations I work for (and listen to for 50 hours a week while working) and/or didn't want to listen to our local competitors and feel like a traitor!  I still get a lot of negative comments from my fellow radio people because most think Satellite Radio will 'kill' local radio.  I don't necessarily feel that way.  This is a PAID service were as local radio is ALWAYS FREE.  But I can see both sides! 

But I don't want to get into a debate about the pros and cons.  I just want to show you my new Techie-Type-Toy!

This is a photo of my old device which was an XM Roady!  It was awesome!  I LOVED it!  I'm sure I will LOVE my Onyx but it will take some getting used to change-wise.  My Roady was reliable!  I had it for nearly 10 years - if memory serves!  I never had 1 problem with it!

I'm hoping this new device works just as well if not better!  I like the sleek look and the black-techie color matches everything in my Fiat!  The screen color we currently have set to a reddish color to match the lights on the dash in the "Wonder Buggy".  The only bad part is I have to reset all of my favorites/pre-sets.  But at least there are a few more buttons to store my favorites in as I have MANY that I listen to and switch back and forth to often!

4 comments:

  1. Let the music play... Nice to listen while on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool device. I've been listening to music from my phone lately, but enjoy satellite when I drive hubby's car on longer road trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been listening to Pandora in my kitchen, too! And been Sound Tracking - You should get into that app!

    ReplyDelete