Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Blissful Journey ~ Personal Wellness & Enrichment & iTunes Tuesday!

I was a little lazy last night with the food situation as I still have to get to the stores and produce stands this week (I hope to do that tonight, actually!)  I had a Veggie Sub from a local 'mom and pop shop' that usually has awesome subs - but last night - I thought it was just 'ok'.  So no real foodie type post today but there are a few other things I would like to touch on including some Mini-Goals, Health/Wellness Updates, Personal Enrichment, and iTunes/PodCasts I have been 'into' lately.
 
First up...a wellness update...if you will!  I have been doing VERY well with my Sciatica and visits to my Chiropractor.  So much so that I think I might have to only go every OTHER month (or quarter) to maintain everything as a precaution.  Now...I don't mind going.  I remember being SUPER Nervous about it at first, tho!  Speaking of being nervous...I still have one more dentist appointment but it's not for another few weeks and I'm NOT looking forward to that either.  Grrr!  But I am really trying NOT to worry about that until I HAVE to - like the day of the appointment!  My digestion is still doing REALLY well and I have no plans on turning back to those old habits (ie the dairy habit!  Blah!)  This past month I was 'off' on my 'monthly' but think I am back on track and totally FINE, now!  I think it was between stress at work, still losing some weight, next to no-sleep for about a week and a half, and schedule changes that messed me up.  Once 'everything was back on track' I rejoiced and was very thankful for everything! 
 
To continue with these positive feelings I want to get back on track with my exercises - most specifically - my Yoga.  I have been using Hulu+ as well as iTunes Pod Casts lately for that.  In my queue is Yogamazing with Chaz Rough.  I really like his laid-back delivery and encouragement without it making you feel like it's a competition or that you won't be able to 'get' a stretch or pose.  He's wonderful at telling you 'go as far as you can go' and 'do what you can do'.  I access my Hulu+, Netflix, iTunes, and PodCasts thru our Apple TV which I might do a more lengthier review on down the road.  I really like AppleTV and you may have read about one of my previous mentions about it.  Another Yoga Program I follow on there is the one that Yoga Journal puts out.  I also subscribe to their magazine.  I'm pretty fond of Tara Stiles, as well as others, as far as the Pod Casts go!

I'm REALLY happy to be back writing FULL TIME over at Sororitea Sisters.  For those of you who don't know it's a Tea Review Site that Anne and I co-founded a few years ago.  Anne has been a wonderful Sororitea Sister and friend by letting me catch-up on several things and issues time and time again.  If you are a Fan of TEA please swing by!  We have nearly 3,000 reviews on that site with TONS more on tap!  We update EVERY DAY at least once!

My mind is going a 'mile a minute' because there are so many things I would like to get started on but know there are other things that need attention, too!  Last night I worked on Paco's Pen and Play Area a bit and tonight I am going to work on the Cat Rooms.  Even tho they have the run of the house most of the time they have their 'areas' they feel more comfortable in time and time again.  

I have been crafting in spurts again - mostly Mixed Media and Art Journaling.  I hope to post more projects soon!  I have been thinking about re-doing my craft room.  First I was thinking of making a pantry.  But I am thinking about tweaking it to keep my Crafting Room THAT and pair it with a small space for Yoga.  I have so many art and crafting supplies it's really hard to do much else with that room.

I guess this was more of an UPDATE Post and a venting/blabbing post.  BUT...venting in a GOOD way!  I'm just feeling so thankful things are looking up and I'm feeling better thru and thru!  I don't want it to end, ya know!?  More tomorrow, friends!

11 comments:

  1. Do keep at it! Yoga's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been on again and off again with it for about 10 years. Now that I am back to feeling really good I want to get consistent with it again!

      Instead of 10 minute 'smoke breaks' I think I will do 10 minute 'Yoga Breaks' at work :)

      Delete
    2. (Since I'm a non-smoker, that is)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting back into the swing of things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It feels REALLY GOOD!
      I'm optimistic about my FT Job, too!

      Delete
  3. Great updates, I've been meaning to get more into yoga too, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did some Yogamazing last night! It was nice!

      Delete
  4. Oh I didn't know you had sciatica! I'm glad that seeing a chiropractor is helping. I remember I wasn't crazy about the idea of them at first, but I did find it incredibly helpful... I should probably start going again.
    And yay for healthy digestive systems!! I think that in itself is enough to keep me vegan for life ;p
    I'd love to see more of your mixed media art journal =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback and encouragement. Yes...the Sciatica was a real shocker, actually! It was paired with high arches and high stress/pressure/shock so it was from my back to my toes!

      Delete
  5. Hello Dear!

    Love your blog. I'm so excited and looking forward to see your future projects. Keep doing great!

    ReplyDelete