Monday, September 23, 2019

Work Travels, Vegan Finds, & Lucille Ball


I have been traveling around the region a lot more lately with my job.  In this weather - it's nice and I enjoy it.  I don't like it when it snows and since we are now officially into fall - I know that is right around the corner.  This photo was taken at a park in Lakewood, NY.  I've always liked this view!  Beautiful!


Before I share more views with you I figured I would also share some more vegan finds in the stores I frequent OR wish I could frequent.  A few posts ago I showed you the Ranch Dip.  Here is the Sour Cream from Good Karma!


Here is a new-to-me product from Sweet Earth.  I believe I grabbed it from Target.  I haven't tried it YET but I'm thinking it will be my dinner tonight.


Another roadside stop I took this past summer was this place!  This is part of Chautauqua Lake.  It's actually part of Lakewood Community Park.


And here is one of the docks!


I was super excited to try this product from Starlite Cuisine.  It was 'ok' but I don't think I would buy it again.  I found the texture of the pea protein filling to be a little too chewy.  The sauce was better than the filling texture that is for sure!


Road Snacks!  I've been grabbing them!  They are great for traveling in a small car.  These I found at Wegmans!  I enjoyed them!


During one of my Lakewood trips I stopped at a little bookstore and they had this Rawesomely Vegan book.  Of course, I HAD to buy it!  It was only a couple of bucks.


I also found these infused flavored peanuts.  I haven't opened them YET but I see that in my near future!


I found a purple pepper a while back at Wegmans and bought it.  It spoiled VERY quickly and I didn't get a chance to eat it!  YIKES!  


Check THIS STUFF out!  Tahini in a squeeze bottle?  YES, please!  I'm not completely sure where I spotted this but I knew I had to buy it at the time.


The last time I went to Trader Joe's I saw this Almond Dip and I was so glad I decided to follow thru with the purchase.  It was so yummy!  It wasn't over the top spicy but it had a slight kick to it!


I got these the same place I got the infused peanuts from!  Lakewood Apothecary!  These were on the clearance shelf so I got them for a deal!


Here are photos from Celeron Park and the Lucille Ball Memorial Park in Celeron, NY.  Here is the lighthouse on the one end of the park near the dock and water.


In another area of the park they have this beautiful memorial for those who served.


And finally here is the bronze statue of Lucy!  She was born and raised in the Celeron, NY, and Jamestown, NY areas.  They celebrate and remember her in our region not only for her impact on comedy but women in comedy and her connection to our area!


8 comments:

  1. This is the second post in a few days that I have seen purple capsicums, and I never knew they came in that colour. Of course, all capsicums are evil, no matter the colour. ;)
    The cheesy sweet potato puffs sound like they would be really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fan of peppers, eh? LOL!!!

      The cheesy sweet potato snack was pretty good!

      Delete
  2. I love the lighthouse picture so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! It's not a real ritzy one but it's still neat!

      Delete
  3. Great pics, so many fun new product finds and wow on the lighthouse shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I have been featuring a lot of packaged vegan products and I need to get away from that but it's such a neat time to be vegan with all the products out there! I can't resist! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stinks about the bell pepper! It is so pretty looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work.. Thanks for this post. Foreign travelers who wish to apply for Azerbaijan visa must check the Azerbaijan visa requirement before filling the application.

    ReplyDelete